Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    andyshan
    Help! I lent some money to a friend who won't pay me back
    • 20th Aug 08, 12:40 PM
    Help! I lent some money to a friend who won't pay me back 20th Aug 08 at 12:40 PM
    18 months ago, I lent my friend 2,500 to help her out with some money issues at the time, and I've now been asking for the money back for a few months.

She now no longer speaks to me, ignores my calls and won't answer the door, despite the fact I've been completely reasonable with her. I only managed to just speak to her this morning and she basically just told me I won't be getting the money back!

I have e-mails and texts talking about the money which was borrowed, if this helps. I gave her the money in cash (not a bank transfer or cheque).

I'm really worried about what I should do next, if I have any legal options? If there's any way I can get the money back because I really need my money back.

If any body can offer me any advice at all, it will mean the world to me.

Many thanks.
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,201Posts Today

8,440Users online

Martin's Twitter