Quick - Eurodebt - any experiences ???

Options
They came to my house after I must have dialed the wrong number because I thought I had contacted CCCS but anyway, he talked me through the facts and figures and made alot of sense.
But now I'm panicing have I done the right thing.
My outgoings are 3 times my income on a monthly basis.
Eurodebt will reduce my payments to £85 a month, £35 of which they keep and they charge £1000 set up fee.
They do however promise to save me at least that amount in the first year in charges and interest and final settlement figures.
If they do what they say they will it seems my onle hope, somebody please reassure me (i'm on my own with 4 little ones).
Many thanks
Angela

Comments

• roversbabe
    roversbabe Posts: 1,008 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud! Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Hi Angela

I'm sure that some more experienced mse'rs will be along shortly - I would certainly advise calling the CCCS, national debt line (links for both are at the top of the page) or payplan. There has been lots of positive experiences mentioned for these companies and they do not charge a fee - I wouldn't pay for a service that you can get for nowt.

Also, can you give details of your income and outgoings as I'm sure people can find ways to cut back.

Good luck, you're in the right place

((hugs))

rb x
    Official DFW Nerd Club - Member no. 027

Debt free: 6th April 06 :T Proud to have dealt with my debts
  • sparkle84
    sparkle84 Posts: 297 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi there

Dump Eurodebt ring payplan or the CCCS who will put a DMP in place for nothing, Eurodebt are just another scummy fee charging company preying on peoples fears

You will be fine payplan or cccs will help you and so will people on this board perhaps you could start by listing your incomings and outgoings and all you debts including the APRs
  • sparkle84
    Options
    They do however promise to save me at least that amount in the first year in charges and interest and final settlement figures.

By the way this is a lie they cannot promise you anything such thing - stopping interest charges, penalties etc is down to your creditors who are much more likely to deal with payplan or cccs
  • Angela_D_3
    Angela_D_3 Posts: 1,071 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Cutbacks aren't an option, income of £500 a month and current minium payments and general bills £1550.
    So they will be a huge help if they aren't cowboys :rolleyes: I don't mind paying for a service because tbh I'm terrified of picking up the phone and calling the credit card companies.
  • roversbabe
    roversbabe Posts: 1,008 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud! Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Have you tried cccs? or national debtline - TBH, you'd be throwing money at eurodebt when this could be coming off your debts.
    Official DFW Nerd Club - Member no. 027

Debt free: 6th April 06 :T Proud to have dealt with my debts
  • sparkle84
    Options
    Cutbacks aren't an option, income of £500 a month and current minium payments and general bills £1550.
    So they will be a huge help if they aren't cowboys I don't mind paying for a service because tbh I'm terrified of picking up the phone and calling the credit card companies.

The problem is Eurodebt are cowboys with an income of £500 and outgoings of £1550 you are just going to get deeper and deeper in debt I am begging you to dump them and call cccs who will help you with contacting your creditors you can write to your creditors you don't have to phone them - you need to talk to someone with your best interests at heart and to be honest in your position you may want to consider bankrupcy
  • Angela_D_3
    Options
    sparkle84 wrote:
    So they will be a huge help if they aren't cowboys I don't mind paying for a service because tbh I'm terrified of picking up the phone and calling the credit card companies.

The problem is Eurodebt are cowboys with an income of £500 and outgoings of £1550 you are just going to get deeper and deeper in debt I am begging you to dump them and call cccs who will help you with contacting your creditors you can write to your creditors you don't have to phone them - you need to talk to someone with your best interests at heart and to be honest in your position you may want to consider bankrupcy

How does bankrupcy work - any sites ??
    Thank you
  • sparkle84
    Options
    Bankruptcy should not be taken lightly do you own your property? Have a look here but you really should talk to to cccs/nationaldebtline/payplan (I know I sound likea parrot)

http://www.nationaldebtline.co.uk/england_wales/factsheet.php?page=01_bankruptcy
  • super_mario_4
    Options
    cccs/payplan/national debtline all the way!! i work for a creditor and 99.999% of the time we accept their offers. when we get an offer from a fee charging company it tends to get sent to a debt collecting agency anyway (the assumption is - if someone can afford to pay the debt management company, they can afford to pay more to their debts). fee charging debt companys are vultures
  • Angela_D_3
    Options
    Ok I've stopped the cheque I wrote to them on Monday, which was due to clear tomorrow so they didn't waste any time there. Hopefully that's the best £7.00 i've spent.
    Somebody has tidied up the pack they gave me so I'm praying I have the usual 7 days to cancel ??
    I'll talk to payplan tomorrow - thank you
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport