Buy ex Motability Scheme Car.

Options
Saw advert in last saturdays paper for BCA auction of ex motability cars in Newcastle. Can you buy these cars anywhere else? Are they a good buy? I am looking for Nissan Micra (new shape) East Yorkshire area if possible. Thanks.

Comments

• Ted_Hutchinson
    Options
    Motability Car Auctions BCA

They also use some Manheim sites.

I found both BCA and Manheim will tell you if they have what you are looking for over the phone. I was looking for an automatic medium size car and Motability auctions are good for automatics.
    Do have a practice run at going to a car auction. If you haven't been before you may be somewhat overwhelmed by the speed of bidding.
    You will need to put a deposit down and will have to use cash or debit card.
    The BCA delivery system is not too expensive if you don't want to make a return journey as you will need to tax/insure the car before driving it away.
    My weight loss following Doktor Dahlqvist' Dietary Program
    Start 23rd Jan 2008 14st 9lbs Current 10st 12lbs
  • Jummy
    Jummy Posts: 692 Forumite
    Options
    Hi ted:)
    Our Motability car goes back next March.
    We would like to buy our own car and wondered if you end up paying over the odds for an ex motability car at one of these auctions.
    We are thinking of getting a smaller car so will probably go for a Vauxhall Corsa or Honda Jazz.
    Thanks!
  • Jimney
    Jimney Posts: 223 Forumite
    Options
    Motability Car Auctions BCA

They also use some Manheim sites.

I found both BCA and Manheim will tell you if they have what you are looking for over the phone. I was looking for an automatic medium size car and Motability auctions are good for automatics.
    Do have a practice run at going to a car auction. If you haven't been before you may be somewhat overwhelmed by the speed of bidding.
    You will need to put a deposit down and will have to use cash or debit card.
    The BCA delivery system is not too expensive if you don't want to make a return journey as you will need to tax/insure the car before driving it away.
    Hello Ted, Thanks for the great reply to my post. All i need to know. Regards Jimney.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure