Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
Page 1
  • Ted_Hutchinson
    • 3rd Nov 05, 9:57 AM
    • 3rd Nov 05, 9:57 AM
    Motability Car Auctions BCA

They also use some Manheim sites.

I found both BCA and Manheim will tell you if they have what you are looking for over the phone. I was looking for an automatic medium size car and Motability auctions are good for automatics.
    Do have a practice run at going to a car auction. If you haven't been before you may be somewhat overwhelmed by the speed of bidding.
    You will need to put a deposit down and will have to use cash or debit card.
    The BCA delivery system is not too expensive if you don't want to make a return journey as you will need to tax/insure the car before driving it away.
    Last edited by Ted_Hutchinson; 03-11-2005 at 10:05 AM.
    • Jummy
    • By Jummy 3rd Nov 05, 11:22 AM
    • 682 Posts
    • 218 Thanks
    Jummy
    • 3rd Nov 05, 11:22 AM
    • 3rd Nov 05, 11:22 AM
    Hi ted
    Our Motability car goes back next March.
    We would like to buy our own car and wondered if you end up paying over the odds for an ex motability car at one of these auctions.
    We are thinking of getting a smaller car so will probably go for a Vauxhall Corsa or Honda Jazz.
    Thanks!
  • Jimney
    • 3rd Nov 05, 12:17 PM
    • 3rd Nov 05, 12:17 PM
    Motability Car Auctions BCA

They also use some Manheim sites.

I found both BCA and Manheim will tell you if they have what you are looking for over the phone. I was looking for an automatic medium size car and Motability auctions are good for automatics.
    Do have a practice run at going to a car auction. If you haven't been before you may be somewhat overwhelmed by the speed of bidding.
    You will need to put a deposit down and will have to use cash or debit card.
    The BCA delivery system is not too expensive if you don't want to make a return journey as you will need to tax/insure the car before driving it away.
    by Ted_Hutchinson
    Hello Ted, Thanks for the great reply to my post. All i need to know. Regards Jimney.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

371Posts Today

2,081Users online

Martin's Twitter