Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    blueopal5577
    DLA benefits & Bankruptcy
    • 28th Jul 08, 4:30 PM
    DLA benefits & Bankruptcy 28th Jul 08 at 4:30 PM

I am currently applying for Disability Living Allowance and I'm also going to be going bankrupt either in August or September (depending on when I get the fee together). The DLA will take a long time to come through anyway but questions!

DLA is paid for people who need the support / care by an external person.

1) Because it'll be delayed, I'd probably recieve a back dated payment lump sum, (17 a week if i recieved lower rate) would the OR take this?

2)As the payment would be part of my income, would I have to pay it out to creditors? I'm worried I'm going to struggle to claim DLA, and if it comes through, it'd be disheartening to not be able to spend it to help my health.

Any advice needed,

A

My indulgence:

It didnt justify a post of its own but since the only person who knows about my BR intention in real life is abroad I'm going to share: I just rang the court! I feel sick because I nearly had a panic attack just talking to them but yes! At the moment they can book me in for the following week, and the OR interview is the next day and... thats it! I can smell freedom!

Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,591Posts Today

6,097Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Excitedly on my way to see @BritAthletics #BritishChamps in Birmingham - bringing Mrs MSE with to try & convert her to the sport! You going?

• I pledge to organise street protest if govt freezes student loan repay threshold - a retrospective price hike. See http://t.co/oF99EWBpIZ RT

• NEWS! UK savings safety protection drops to £75000 from £85000 at the end of 2015 (due to euro rate change as EU rules set it at ?100000)

• Follow Martin