Options
2»

Comments

• agrinnall
    agrinnall Posts: 23,344 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Anon54321 wrote: »
    Ok so an example, supplier sent over some numbers which didn't look quite right, I asked them to double check why these looked "not right" and asked them to triple check, supplier came back saying they were fine and gave reasons for this. A few days after a colleague also questioned and turned out they had missed VAT etc on some numbers. I sent an email, copying a senior member of staff saying how dissapointed I was that although I had highlighted the issues they assured me that there was nothing wrong with the numbers only to turn up that there was some issues.

I guess the question is how you said this to the supplier. I don't think there is anything wrong with highlighting that they are providing duff information, but if they way you've said it puts them on the defensive then they may think attack is the best form of defence - although if they aren't addressing their own issues that's not going to help them in the long run..

Is there anything you can do to verify what you're given early on and if you find errors provide them with concrete examples?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure