PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Saintsbury's premium non stick ,stuck

Options
Grumpysally
Grumpysally Posts: 790 Forumite
Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
edited 24 May 2016 at 9:03AM in Old style MoneySaving
Yesterday I treated myself to a set of Saintsbury's Collection, 3 hard anodised oven trays. They were reduced from £35 to £17.50.
However when I used them last night to bake H.M pizza I had to soak them to get off the baked on cheese and bits of pizza crust that had got stuck in the corners ( my pizzas never turn out round)
I've used backing parchment to line my cheapo trays for so long that I've forgotten what is normal to expect a non stick tray to cope with.
The packaging states 'premium' non stick. On the website it says that burnt on deposits will soak off.
Am I expecting too much of my trays?
On the positive side, they didn't warp as soon as they went in the oven.
Is there any difference in quality between Saintsbury's Collection and Saintsbury's Cook's Collection? I know one's grey and the other is black but I don't know if that's just cosmetic. I can only see CC online so I'm guessing the SC ones are being discontinued. The CC version of this set was £20 so I assumed it must be an inferior version (though the black looks cooler than the grey.)
I thought I was getting a good deal, but now I'm not so sure.
All of which is a rambling way of asking "have I been ripped off?" :huh:
Thanks

Comments

• Redlady.....
    Redlady..... Posts: 110 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Can't help on your problem Alison but I did have the same problem with frying pans. John Lewis, Tefal (3)and a few cheapos, all after a few months started to stick. Then 3 years ago I bought one in the M&S Jan sales, it's wonderful. Not even a slight bevel in the middle. As none stick now as the day I bought it.

It cost £15.00, but I think it was marked down because the inside is red, The same one in black was still at it's £30.00 original price.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 17,413 Forumite
    First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    if you've followed the instructions I would take them back and complian loudly as its not doing what it said no matter that they were half price its not what you expect from whats been described
  • Blackbeard_of_Perranporth
    Options
    Dab of lard, sorted. If you don't like lard, can't help you.

Oh, and never by non stick!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport