greent's mfw journey

Options

Comments

• usa1
    usa1 Posts: 538 Forumite
    Options
    Lush house, did you put a bid in?
    It's not the despair, Laura. I can take the despair. It's the hope I can't stand. ~ Brian Stimpson, Clockwise
  • Muser1
    Muser1 Posts: 795 Forumite
    Options
    That house :happyhear:heart::heartpuls
    Mortgage Jan 13 99260.00 87253 April 2017
    Emergency fund 700.00
  • Muser1
    Muser1 Posts: 795 Forumite
    Options
    It's a steal now! Look how different it looks for lack of things and a sunny picture. http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-48948502.html
    Mortgage Jan 13 99260.00 87253 April 2017
    Emergency fund 700.00
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Oh that *is* interesting!
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • greent
    greent Posts: 10,671 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    edited 31 March 2015 at 4:00PM
    Options
    Karmacat wrote: »
    greent!!! What an amazing journey you've been on, and what an accomplishment to bring your mfw date so far forward!

As to that house (swoons) - yep, if I sell my house and give you all the proceeds and a bit more, you could have £300k easy :rotfl:

The decluttering is also awesome - I was doing a bit more, and I've noted it on my phone, but its not made it through to my diary yet. Only about 5 things even so, tho :rotfl:

Thanks :) And ANY decluttering is a move in the right direction, KC !
    amycool wrote: »
    Even just reading about your de-cluttering is making me feel less stressed! :D Excellent job.

That house is lovely, although being me, my first thought was, "That'll cost a lot to heat and take ages to clean". :rotfl:

It must be so exciting to be so close to being MF. I'm a little jealous but also excited at the prospect of being in the same position in the future.

It's very exciting!
    As to the house, it has some solar panels, which must help a bit with the costs, I guess! :) (My energy bills are already c£180/mth!!:eek:)
    Hi greent - just stumbled on your diary and your progress in five years is inspirational, well done!

Thank you very much, velocitygirl! :D

gallygirl wrote: »
    I think you'd find the teenagers would have ideas about above the garage :D.

:eek::eek:
    Dh, dd and I would lose each other in there!!

Six of us and assorted friends around from the 4 small greens - we'd fill it no problem!
    Watty1 wrote: »
    House entirely unsuitable Greent. With all your decluttering you'd struggle to fill it :)

:rotfl::rotfl:

Cream_Tea wrote: »
    The house looks beautiful. I'm with Watty1 though :p

:rotfl: It's actually not much bigger than my current house - so I doubt that (the kitchen's quite a bit smaller than my current one:eek:
    Morning Greent, you're so close to MF :T:T:T:T

House looks fab.

Kids would love having their own den above the garage :)

Your decluttering is extremely inspiring.

Very best wishes, Tilly x

Thanks, Tilly :) xx
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
  • greent
    Options
    Alchemilla wrote: »
    Lush house but where will you put the pony?

Nooooooo!!!! :eek: No ponies here - we'll stick with guinea pigs!!!!:rotfl:
    usa1 wrote: »
    Lush house, did you put a bid in?

Sadly not - out of our price range for affordability test :(
    Muser1 wrote: »
    It's a steal now! Look how different it looks for lack of things and a sunny picture. http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-48948502.html

Yep - had already seen that. House was SSTC but has fallen through and is on market with 2 other EAs. It's empty now.

We went and had a drive by it (silly, I know, but we wanted to get put off it!!:o:o) As it's empty we had a walk around the outside of the property and a peek in the windows, too.

It's floor plan isn't much bigger than our current house, but the *feel* of the house is lovely, and it's in a v nice village over the other side of town. It needs a clean (clearly some flies were locked in!!:eek::eek:) but very little else needs doing from what we could see downstairs :D Although the kitchen's not my taste and smaller than mine. It's on a corner plot of a 1 car-width country lane and the street it's in which is very wide with a central grass piece and mainly individually designed houses from what I could see. Over the lane is farmland for miles and miles.....

But it's all pipe dreams - we'd fail affordability test on mtge front because we take minimal salaries from DH's company and then top up with dividends (thereby minimising the tax we pay). Even though we could afford the mtge payment in reality, computer would say no :(
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
  • greent
    Options
    Loving the school hols - although sadly no lie ins because the 5 yo still wakes at 6!!:eek:

Very relaxed week so far - poss too relaxed - need to tackle homework with the small 2 next week!!:o Have been tackling bedrooms, though - DD is excused because of revision for AS levels, but all 3 boys have got rid of things. A lot have been passed down to the next boy, so not much stuff has actually left, but there has been some improvement seen!! And anything which is for selling at the next Nearly new sale in June has already been priced and boxed up and put in garage loft:T

ebaying has slowed - have listed a load of Brio Thomas and it's not shifting :(:( Think I'm a bit over-ebayed at the mo, though!!:rotfl:

Sadly lost a small part of my decluttering list, but here's the latest bit:

352. Mr Pop game - bin/ recycling as appropriate
    353. New Kenwood blender - sold - ebay
    354. (another) cast iron trivet - CS
    355. 2 soft toys - to my mum for her dogs
    356. 3 soft toys - CS
    357. 2 unused Colony candle holders - CS
    358. A4 clip frame - CS
    359. more paperwork shredded/ filed/ recycled (inc P60s dating back to 1987....)
    360. pair of PJs - charity
    361. new/ boxed/unused photo album - CS
    362. Tshirt - worn once - CS
    363. belt - bin

Am loving the 'lifting' feeling that getting rid of stuff is bringing:j Still much to do, but can see the results in some areas. Also makes tidying and cleaning much easier and quicker with less stuff around:j

• greent
    Options
    I have a couple of hundred £ sitting with Firebox as credit for some returned unwanted gifts. Am debating a fitbit. Currently use a pedometer app on my phone (I keep it in my bra:o due to lack of pockets) Are they worth the investment? Having decluttered stuff I'm becoming very reluctant to add more stuff to my house without giving it very serious and careful consideration - I don't want it to become clutter!

x
  • Alchemilla
    Alchemilla Posts: 6,047 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Love the ddcluttering.

Hmnnn. Do you need a fitbit to tell you exercise is good for you?
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Decluttering is great! Mmm ... I'm with Alchemilla on the fitbit ... sounds like you'd buy it because you've got the vouchers. Can you use the vouchers for something like a birthday or Christmas present that you'd be buying anyway?
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure