ideas to get warm in office

Options
Hi guys

We currently work in a new office, we used to be in a large office and in winter I used a heater, this couldn't be brought into this office as smaller, is there something cheapish that can be used that's small or hand type warmer, maybe usb or plug but nothing too big, I like heat.

thanks

Comments

• Zola.
    Zola. Posts: 2,204 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    How about another layer of clothing? Radical I know ;)

If not maybe some star jumps
  • GBNI
    GBNI Posts: 576 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I have a hot water bottle to keep me warm in work.
  • WestonDave
    WestonDave Posts: 5,154 Forumite
    Rampant Recycler
    Options
    You need to be careful taking electrical stuff into work if that would breach their safety policies. That said I keep a heat pad that I got from Boots in my office which I generally use if I get a stiff shoulder from time to time. That runs on a very low power and doesn't get that hot but is enough background warmth for what I need. Having a feeling it was something like a Slumberdown brand.
    Adventure before Dementia!
  • sheramber
    sheramber Posts: 19,131 Forumite
    First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Several handwarmers available for outdoor activities.
    Do a Google search
  • DUKE
    DUKE Posts: 7,360 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    A nice fluffy blanket.

Lidl sell the gel bottles that you pop in the microwave.

Or go to work in your onesie.

Failing that get a physical job.
  • jenniewb
    jenniewb Posts: 12,836 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Have you asked HR (if you have one) about getting the company to install heating? It could be a H&S thing if they're leaving the room to get too cold- there are certain temperatures you are not allowed to get to in a building used for work purposes.
  • ktcoil
    ktcoil Posts: 559 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    we have aircon and heating unit but some people always have the aircon on and a couple of us get cold, without being nasty they are quite big so get hot quickly.
  • fairy_lights
    Options
    I make lots of hot drinks to warm my hands on, and jog on the spot while I wait for the kettle to boil to get my circulation going.
    I get really cold feet so take an extra pair of socks to put on if needed and have got a massive fluffy cardigan that I keep under my desk to put on over the top of the rest of my clothes, when it gets really cold.
    I work with a bunch of men and they don't feel the cold like I do so would be happier to have the heating on a lower setting. I get round that by slowly turning it up throughout the day, so they don't even notice and acclimatise like lobsters being boiled :rotfl:
  • ripplyuk
    ripplyuk Posts: 2,888 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    My partner has a zippo hand warmer. It's filled up with lighter fluid and will stay warm all day. He loves it. It's small and compact but gives out a lot of heat.

Also, wear cashmere. Layer up with it as much as you can. Have regular hot drinks, even just hot water. A plug-in heated throw/blanket would be even better.
  • pattycake
    pattycake Posts: 1,576 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Get one of the blanket type shawls which are very fashionable again this year. You can then drape it around your shoulders for an extra layer.

I'm wearing one now as I type!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport