Shrinking The Debt.....

Options
13»

Comments

• TheRoders
    TheRoders Posts: 176 Forumite
    Options
    We have a Lidl but its so small it doesn't have much. I did try a couple of weeks ago but gave up. It only has 3 aisles! I've got my asda shop down from £100 to £40 now!! I'm happy with that.
  • TheRoders
    Options
    Morning :)

Not feeling the best today. Must be something I ate.... Would rather be tucked up in bed than in the office right now.

Good news is though, We've come to an agreement with the lady who has my horse on loan and she has agreed to buy him. She will pay in monthly installments but it's better than nothing. Atleast it's a weight off my mind now.

Not going to be a NSD today as my tummy is a little sensitive, I need to buy some plain food for lunch today instead of the homemade pot noodles I normally bring in for lunch.

I usually go to my mum and dads for dinner on a Thursday but they have decided they want to go out for a meal tonight so me and my son will join them. Not been out in ages and they normally pay so a bonus :)

Hubby home tomorrow from work and he has 4 days off. It will be so nice to have him home for a little longer than the usual 2 days for a change.
  • Hiddenidenity
    Options
    Hope you're feeling better and have a lovely dinner out tonight x
  • TheRoders
    Options
    Morning.....

Work from home day for me today :) Happy days. Hubby home tonight for 4 days. Today is a good day. Feeling much better to.

Had a lovely meal out last night. Didn't do much good to the diet but I made good choices so not too bad :)

I've got a lovely chicken kebab planned for tonight as it's always treat night on a Friday night. Homemade ofcourse as NO MORE TAKEAWAYS!! :)

Just picked up my asda shop. I've managed to pick up a few "luxuries" like a tub of brownie and salted caramel icecream as I have come under budget this week. Happy days. I've also picked up some nice frozen fruit to make some smoothies which my son has been nagging for for ages :)

Plans for this weekend? Walking tomorrow in Brecon Beacons. No idea for Sunday as yet except we are going out for the family birthdays on Sunday.
  • TheRoders
    Options
    I've just reduced my credit limit on my Lloyds CC to £1000 from £5000.... Thought it was time so I don't start spending again!
  • TheRoders
    Options
    Morning all

Not been on for a couple of days. Had a busy weekend so not been near the PC much!

Went for a lovely walk in the Brecon Beacons on Saturday. Another free day out with my son, hubby and the dog which is great. Sunday we went on a waterfall walk. 6 miles in total and then spent the rest of the day sleeping haha

We did go out for an Indian on Sunday evening though for hubby's birthday (and his sister and nieces birthday) which was lovely. Hubby had some birthday money off my mum so we used that so in effect, it was a NSD.

Hubby has been home for 2 days now (goes back to work tomorrow :(). Have had to spend on a few bits and pieces and hubby is taking my son trampolining this afternoon which is £7.00.

All in all though, we will have £300 to take away with us and I'm hoping not to spend all of that! I'm so pleased we've managed to stick to the budget this month.

I've planned in next months budget already and should have £1200 to pay towards Trotec which will then leave £340 to pay off with Septembers pay and then I can cross that one off the list finally!!

The plan then is to pay my mum and dad off. £2800 which will be done, all going well by December.

I'm then thinking of easing off a little on the debt repayments to save for our holiday which we have booked for next July/August but I'll still be throwing £1500 a month at the debts so won't step back too much!! If I keep going the way I am, my plan should pay off and that's encouraging.

So looking forward to my break away in our caravan next week. It's the only time we get to spend together as a family.
  • MrsSave
    MrsSave Posts: 1,817 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I've just found your diary and it seems like you're really on track. The Brecon Beacons are lovely. Have you visited Margam Park at all? I'm guessing you won't be too far away if you're in the valleys. It's free entry, but you do need to pay to park. £5.40 I think. You've also got St Fagans near Cardiff, just off the M4. Again, it's free entry but £5 for parking. Have you looked at your local library. A lot of them have free activities over the Summer. Mine has had all sorts such as film afternoons, lego, arts and crafts and making bug hotels.

One way I've managed to get around the expensive days out this Summer is by using Tesco vouchers. We went to Techniquest with them, and that was great. There are plenty of places that accept them, and then we usually take a picnic along instead of buying lunch out. I'm pretty sure they can be used at LC2 in Swansea as well.

Anyway, good luck with your debt busting.
    Starting a new debt free journey
    Starting Debt: £5,250
    Current Debt: £4,995.50
    Amount Paid: £254.50 Percentage Paid: 4.84%
    Emergency Fund: £350
  • TheRoders
    Options
    Ah thanks :)

I've lived in Aberdare all my life apart from between 2003 - 2015 where I lived in a village South of Reading called Yateley. Moved back home in 2015 :) We have dome all those places yes. Multiple times hehe.

I've had a bit of a swap around on the debts this morning. Instead of throwing all of the "debt" money at the Trotec bill I am going to split it. £500 to Trotec and £500 to my mum and dad. That way my mum and dad can start seeing some of their money coming back as this is bothering me at the moment! I'll still pay off both by the end of the year but it makes me happier to think theat I am paying my mum and dad back a bit sooner than planned.

Today is my last day in the office. Work from home day tomorrow and then a week off... Can't wait!!

It's hubby's birthday today. I MUST get him a card before he comes home tomorrow. I keep forgetting! I'm such a bad wife!

No other news to report today. I haven't had any NS days this week but I have kept it to the absolute minimum!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure