My Debt Free Journey to November 2018

Options
2»

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    Update - decided to join the Say NOvember challenge this month, so updated my signature to show my commitment.....so excited
  • hummingbird
    hummingbird Posts: 1,522 Forumite
    Options
    Well done Mrs Brownbear, you're doing amazingly! :T:T:T
    £10 a day extra in May '18[B]£35/310[
    Virtual Sealed Pot 2018 £500/£2500 = 20%
    You can find my diary here:http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5189836:beer:
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Newbie
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 22 April 2014 at 2:11PM
    Options
    Completely forgot about updating my diary! Just going through finances for end of month and bills that are due in May. Really looking for constant discounts. Managed to renew my Car Breakdown cover for £145 for 2 years (this will be the last time I can do this!!) which works out at just over £6 per month for homestart, roadside and onward cover - the only catch is I have to pay it in full upfront - but that's ok - I have it covered.

The Argos Card and Credit Cards have now gone and closed, only debts left now are the two loans and mortgage.

My grand total we owe is £26,237.75 and is coming down. We are hoping to be down to £24k by the end of the year.

I have also kept to my food and fuel budgets too.. I am going to update my signature with my personal challenge for May...including losing some weight.
  • Calling14
    Calling14 Posts: 3,498 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Well done you doing great, so focused. Need to set myself some targets for next month and include a weight loss one as well. Keep going.
    LBM 13039 1.1.13 Now £0 Finally Debt FreeMortgage free Oct 2019:)EFund/savings £25000 10/11/22
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    not sure why my signature has not appeared on my last post? odd??
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Just had a wee read through your diary & subscribed.

You sound as if you have it all worked out so good for you.

Happy that you managed to get rid of the CC's.

i got caught in the Barclaycard trap & still trying to get out of it.

This will be the 2nd big balance transfer I am paying off.

I also have some CC's with a zero balance that I am going to cancel so that I will not be tempted to use them in my version of an emergency which is usually shopping for ridiculous things. So hard to get out of the habit of spending money that we dont have.

Dxxx
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    I am going to give Aldi a go with my weekly shop next week...I will be doing my weekly shop next Tuesday - I know it's my May budget but it goes payday to payday so will start from 28th.

Anyone had any good experiences with Aldi? What is the quality of food like? Looking to stretch my budget a little further to include a few things to help me with my diet.
  • firefly678
    Options
    Yep! Sister swears by it.

I've never shopped there but going to lidls is great - lots of good stuff. Can be a bit hit and miss, but thats the case for a lot of food probably - just got to find the products you like.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    OK, found out this morning what wages will be paid in on Monday so budgets and expenses have been calculated and all ready to go. Feel everything is going in the right direction. I still worry about keeping in Food budget. To me £70 per week on food doesn't seen enough when I have to be careful on buying certain foods for hubby - but as needs must I have to plod on!

I have budgeted also for Beavers membership at £48 for my eldest which is due now and swimming lessons at £96 for 10 weeks for my two which is due near the end of the month. A milestone birthday which has been budgeted for and a Next bill as I brought some furnishing for the house that desperately needed replacing, totalling £62.98. I still haven't had to dig into my savings for this even though the kids stuff is covered by my savings. So it seems a lot to be paid out it saves transferring money to and from accounts when I don't need to. I have reviewed by telephone/Broadband and hubby's mobile phone in the last week as all up for renewal next month. Hubby has a £39 per month phone contract that he doesn't use anymore as he has a company phone. So he has cancelled that and last payment will be in May. My phone and broadband is expiring/up for review, currently spending £40.97. Hubby would love to have Sky which I have looked into. I have agreed, as he would not have an expensive mobile contract.

I had a look online and managed to get Sky family bundle for £21.44 (instead of £32), unlimited broadband for £7.50, anytime calls for £5 and line rental at £15.40 totalling £49.34. So savings there for us! Must dash, breakfast is calling me!! Toodles xx
  • Certainly has! Hubby and I have been plodding through every month. Our outstanding debt now stands at £23,993.17!!

We have been battling a little with keeping in our budget but we are doing ok!

I have just done an update on my signature, and I have 49 months to go until we are debt free. We are trying to save money every month, it is very little but we have £650 in our savings so far! We have had things done to the house. It needed a new fence, which we did ourselves, so the cost of the materials were about £500. We also needed a major service and cambelt costing £550, which were parts and hours labour (it's the people you know, not just what you know!!) We were very lucky but we have a functional car that should last us a very long time.

I am hoping the balance will fall under the £22k by new year!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure