Ways to make extra money

Options
I tried lots of surgery taking apps and used sites like swagbucks ect but having no luck as I almost always am not matched to the surveys.

I don't have too much to sell around the house , only bits and bobs. I do have bags of clothes rhat I was going to take to the charity shop as most would only go on eBay for a couple of quid and would feel bad to charge postage unless I use an alternative such as gumtree.

I also have a few good photography pictures that I could get printed but I don't know who's buy them since I'm not a known artist. I'd really love to start my own photography store though. I can do basic photo editing as I have Adobe Lightroom and normal photoshop

I'm not really too good at writing or any other forms of art.

Do you have any suggestions
•• #238 £1000 ef; £14.00/£1,000 •• H2B; £120.00 •• BLS:£10.88/£15,000 ••
•• Retirement: £4.86 •• New Home FundJar: £5.83p •• VOSS Jar £0.00 ••

Comments

• Nic880
    Nic880 Posts: 47 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Xmas Saver!
    Options
    Could you weigh in the clothes? It's literally a few pounds but it's a start!
    Also I'm sure websites buy good photos can't remember what they are called but I'm sure it will come up if you search it
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,207 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    basic high street used clothes are probably not worth trying to sell unfortunately.

As for ways of making money, that sort of question gets asked on here several times a week and there is no easy and quick answer. All I can suggest, is you spend some time browsing the various opportunities discussed on this board and see if anything takes your fancy. Then you can ask questions on the dedicated board.

Out of interest what are the 'surgery taking apps' that you refer to?
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • GlennTheBaker
    GlennTheBaker Posts: 2,974 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    soolin wrote: »
    Out of interest what are the 'surgery taking apps' that you refer to?
    I really hope this is an autocorrect incident!
    This space has been intentionally left blank
  • Ilona
    Ilona Posts: 2,449 Forumite
    Options
    People need their dogs walking. Gardens are growing, have you got the basic fork/spade/shears, etc. Pizzas need delivering, have you got a car? Can you take in washing and ironing? Can you cut hair? Can you do event photography, weddings, parties? Can you knit/sew? What talents do you have then maybe someone will have suggestions.
    Ilona
    I love skip diving.
    :D
  • chrisbur
    chrisbur Posts: 4,054 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    thoragunnr wrote: »

I also have a few good photography pictures that I could get printed but I don't know who's buy them since I'm not a known artist. I'd really love to start my own photography store though. I can do basic photo editing as I have Adobe Lightroom and normal photoshop

There is a thread here about selling photos....
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=576153&highlight=getty&page=20

Has not had a post for about eighteen months and from memory there were not many posts from anyone who had actually sold much, but if you want to try there are several sites mentioned. Due to the age of the posts you will need to check the sites to see if they are still running and what the current details for submissions payments etc. are.
  • thoragunnr
    Options
    Yeah I did mean survey lol.

I don't have a car. I work full time, 40 hrs a week. (8-5/9-6/9:30-6:30)

I can't really do any of those things .

I'd love to do events as photography but have basic point and shoot knowledge
    •• #238 £1000 ef; £14.00/£1,000 •• H2B; £120.00 •• BLS:£10.88/£15,000 ••
    •• Retirement: £4.86 •• New Home FundJar: £5.83p •• VOSS Jar £0.00 ••
  • Emma851
    Emma851 Posts: 20 Forumite
    Options
    Can you rent a room or parking space or anything else?
  • MallRat
    MallRat Posts: 604 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Check out the Referrers board on here as well. There a few good money-making opportunities there not really getting much attention as no one thinks to look at that particular board. I'd never looked at it before I needed to post there recently, anyway.
  • Hermia
    Hermia Posts: 4,473 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    thoragunnr wrote: »
    Yeah I did mean survey lol.

I don't have a car. I work full time, 40 hrs a week. (8-5/9-6/9:30-6:30)

I can't really do any of those things .

I'd love to do events as photography but have basic point and shoot knowledge

One day there may be apps that allow you to perform surgery!

Stock photo sites might be worth a try, but I think they have a minimum standard re: your camera. I know my entry-level D-SLR is not good enough. If you live in a touristy area it might be worth making your photos into cards or prints and selling via gift shops. I have a few friends who do this where I live, but it is a touristy area with a strong art tradition so there is a big market.
  • Feefeefalloo
    Options
    Dog sitting if you don't work on the weekend? Sell a story to a magazine for some quick cash?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure