Tesco Clubcard Days Out

Options
Morning

Not sure if this has been covered recently already but couldn't find anything on the search. Since the recent changes and u turn for Tesco Clubcard vouchers, are days out now fixed at the relevant partner when they come in via email.

Previously we used to select Days Out for Folly Farm etc.. and were sent the vouchers via post in £10 tokens which can be used for a number of Days Out locations, eg Swansea Leisure Centre, Showcase Caves etc..

We've cleared down today our vouchers expiring next week and saw the token come in via email but by the looks are fixed for the actual partner selected with a special code ???

When did this get announced, or can they be used as before, at different locations ?

It appears, unintentionally we have now committed to go to several Days Out locations and the value of the voucher exceeds what we would actually spend on entrance fees and no way of reducing this?

Is this another example of Tesco changing the rules ?

Cheers

Stu

Comments

• jblackmore
    Options
    Not that related, but I can't find anything on this either, other than the two attractions we used tesco vouchers for (diggerland and West Somerset Railway) are no longer on the clubcard website. Checking there T&Cs both state they won't accept the new digital vouchers).

It seems that Tesco have switched from the old paper days out vouchers you could use at a list of attractions to digital codes, which I'm guessing explains both why they are linked to one attraction only, and so many have dropped off as they aren't setup for it (ie multiple locations/entrance queues how do they prevent people using a digital code twice without an IT system to manage it).

Annoying as we basically used the points just for attractions on 4x which I need to convert in next couple of months before they drop to 3x, and our normal choices are no longer available ;(
  • redfox
    redfox Posts: 15,338 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    We move threads if we think they!!!8217;ll get more help elsewhere (please read the forum rule) so this post/thread has been moved to another board. If you have any questions about this policy please email [EMAIL="forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com"]forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com[/EMAIL].
  • star100
    star100 Posts: 144 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    edited 8 March 2020 at 7:40PM
    Options
    I have this exact question but can't find which board this was moved to so can't see the answer - done loads of searches - can anyone help?  Thanks
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure