PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Cooking for one (Mark Two)

Options

Comments

• moneyistooshorttomention
    Options
    Farway wrote: »
    Money, I have just replied to PM, missed it until now:o

Thanks Farway.

Sent reply back.:)
  • moneyistooshorttomention
    Options
    wort wrote: »

Just waiting for the oven to ping ,but will have to disrupt, the cat who is sat on my chest! Making it very difficult to type !!!

That's cats for you:rotfl:

Which reminds me - we've not heard recently from poster with the cats that "go swimming" at intervals in the canal - ie Girl Cat and Boy Cat.
  • PasturesNew
    PasturesNew Posts: 70,698 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I'm ffff-ffff-ffff-ing fff-ffff-fff-reezing

Had another 2 hot sausage rolls and I've even turned the heating on, but can't feel the bottom half of my arms or my feet! brrr.... hoping things warm up soon. Thermometer says it's a balmy 65F/18C in here, but outside temperature's dropping like a stone.
  • AndyCF
    AndyCF Posts: 748 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    wort wrote: »
    Andy- my favourite crisp are black pepper and sea salt only problem is they only seem to be done in big bags, and once it's open its gone!!:o
    We're they kettle crisp? I like them but most supermarkets do their own brand, which are good.
    Ah yes they are 'big share bag' however I just use a freezer bag (the 'zip' ones) to place said bag in after munching a few. :)

They were Morr's, not tried the Kettle ones yet.

The Famous brand 'cracker crisps' again salt/pepper are very nice too but a bit too much money unless they are on offer sadly. Worth a £1 as its a decent size but (imo) not worth the normal full price.

Decided to save the 'Waffle experiment' for the weekend I think.
  • Farway
    Farway Posts: 13,225 Forumite
    Homepage Hero First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    AndyCF wrote: »
    Ah yes they are 'big share bag' however I just use a freezer bag (the 'zip' ones) to place said bag in after munching a few. :)

Blimey, what will power, which is why I never buy share bags of anything

The dinner was fail sort of. The chilli con carne was still frozen despite being out, so popped int fridge to defrost and eat tomorrow

Plan B was go, chicken in black bean sauce, ready and pinged in 7 minutes
    I had it with HM chips
    Followed by sliced fresh Clementine & banana with Greek yoghurt & honey

Money, sent PM
    Eight out of ten owners who expressed a preference said their cats preferred other peoples gardens
  • caronc
    caronc Posts: 8,089 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Good evening everyone,
    As the song goes "Baby it's cold outside", as soon as the sun went everywhere started to get frosty. Pretty to look at but I'm very glad I don't have to out.:)
    Continued with my cleaning mission this afternoon, didn't manage to get as much done as yesterday but the kitchen & dining room are certainly much cleaner and tidier than they were. Also managed to get the back outside windows washed early, just need to get one of the boys to tackle the insides when they are home. Tomorrow I want to have a thorough hoover in these rooms so I'll be wrestling with Henry (oh er missus) instead of my wee light weight upright and then I'll bleach the floors and wipe down the units.

The ham hock has been pressure cooked for stock (and meat) to make lentil soup tomorrow ready for my visitors on Saturday. I was going to make bread but might just order a crusty bloomer with my shopping as on Saturday I'll need to clean the bathroom & lounge and get myself presentable. I'm sure the girls won't care.

I'm looking forward to my haggis, neeps and tatties in a bit while I'm watching Masterchef :)
  • caronc
    Options
    As an aside they sell Kettle chips in small bag multipacks as well often for SO for £1. Of the cheapie crisps I like the Tesco Value Ready Salted (I've not tried the varied flavours as not keen on cheese & onion), the bags are small (18g) but enough for a nibble and at 66p for 12 packs don't break the bank and I think they taste like a more expensive crisp. They contain potatoes, sunflower and salt so no extra additives.
  • karcher
    karcher Posts: 2,069 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    caronc wrote: »
    The ham hock has been pressure cooked for stock (and meat) to make lentil soup tomorrow ready for my visitors on Saturday. I was going to make bread but might just order a crusty bloomer with my shopping as on Saturday I'll need to clean the bathroom & lounge and get myself presentable. I'm sure the girls won't care.

I'm looking forward to my haggis, neeps and tatties in a bit while I'm watching Masterchef :)

Just order it, you have enough to do without making bread too.

I'm absolutely sure the 'girls' won't care.

Got room for a another at the dinner table? :D..I would so love to sit down to a proper meal with others, especially when it's cooked by someone else ;)

Enjoy caron :)
    'I'm sinking in the quicksand of my thought
    And I ain't got the power anymore'
  • caronc
    Options
    karcher wrote: »
    Just order it, you have enough to do without making bread too.

I'm absolutely sure the 'girls' won't care.

Got room for a another at the dinner table? :D..I would so love to sit down to a proper meal with others, especially when it's cooked by someone else ;)

Enjoy caron :)
    There's always room for another in my house:)
  • karcher
    karcher Posts: 2,069 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    caronc wrote: »
    There's always room for another in my house:)

Might take you up on that one day caron :)
    'I'm sinking in the quicksand of my thought
    And I ain't got the power anymore'
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family