Laser hair removal - rule of thumb

Options
Hi, I'm thinking of getting laser hair removal for small areas on the face, as well as under arms. If all goes well and not too expensive, I may do legs aswell, but as this would be a large area, mistakes might be more visible.

Recently I've seen lots of vouchers on sites such as Groupon/Wowcher. I wanted to ask if anyone has experience with these? It seems hard to compare prices - does anyone have a rule of thumb on what is 'reasonable' or cheap for this?

Thanks.

Comments

• chanie
    chanie Posts: 3,317 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Yes, I use groupon and its been generally fine. I've had laser done before, so I knew what to expect.

The first clinic I went to, I had my first session, then I got an email saying the clinic was closing down and that I would get a pro rata refund. Literally within a couple of days, I groupon refunded my money - they gave me all of my money back, so essentially, I got a free session!!!

I finished my second course before Xmas. The clinic was very professional and lovely. I've just got another groupon. This clinic isn't as friendly, but as long as they do a goid job, I don't mind.

You will need to get a consultation before your first session. You should get a refund if you aren't suitable. As per above, I got a refund from Groupon really quickly. I've never had any problems with the laser.

I'd recommend getting 6 sessions. I don't think 3 will be enough (it wasn't for me).

Both clinics have offered cheap top ups. At my first clinic, I asked for extra areas and was charged £20 a session. At my latest clinic, I told her the areas I wanted and the therapist said my voucher wouldn't cover all of the areas, so I'm going to buy top up sessions for £60, which works out to be £10 a session.

In terms of pricing, I paid £70 for 6 sessions of 3 small areas (my upper lip, sides of face and chin), plus stomach line, which was £20 a session.

At my new clinic, I paid £100 for 2 small areas (upper lip and chin) and 1 medium area (extended bikini line), plus £60 top up for my stomach line and sides of face.

I think up to £100 would be reasonable for you, for 6 sessions.

In terms of results, I have noticed a reduction in hair growth and thickness and I think I'll only need occasional top ups after my next course of treatments. The laser has worked particularly well on the areas with thick hairs.

I would like to say that for anyone reading this post that many women who have excess hair are sensitive about it. I have polycystic ovarian syndrome, which is a medical condition. I'm happy to answer any questions, but I'm not prepared to put my with any p1$$ taking.
  • bellaboo86
    Options
    I have used vouchers from Groupon too. I have not had issues and both salons insisted on test patches and gave me a questionnaire to fill in and sign.
    As already mentioned, you will need a minimum of 6 sessions with the possibility of needing more depending on your hair type.
  • Sncjw
    Sncjw Posts: 3,511 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Laser hair reduction is what it is not removal. It will only work on the dark hairs not light hairs.
    Mortgage free wannabe 

Actual mortgage stating amount £75,150

Overpayment start date 1/3/23.

Starting balance £66,565.45

Current balance £63,787.16

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts