A treehouse for the twins

Options

Comments

• PrincessLou
    Options
    I know this is non-MSE related but I just needed a corner of the internet in which to have a little cry :(

DS2 feel asleep on the sofa this afternoon and I thought I'd get my hair-cutting scissors out (he won't let me anywhere near him when he's awake!) :o I just thought I would give him a little trim and tidy-up but I think I've cut too much off and it looks awful! :( All his lovely long curls have gone....

Worst thing is that I now have to attack DS1's hair over the weekend now too. :eek:

At least the weather is still cold enough to wear a hat.... :cry:
    Mortgage - £105,500
  • ourcornercottage
    Options
    DS2 is very wise letting you nowhere near his hair LOL he will never sleep again!

Jokes aside, it'll grow out :)
  • greent
    greent Posts: 10,671 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Saw link to this blog earlier and thought of you: http://www.glutenfreealchemist.com/

DS2's hair will look better in a couple of weeks x
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
  • shangaijimmy
    Options
    I wouldn't worry, he won't care!
    MFW: Was: £136,000.......Now: £61,892.24......
    Mortgage Neutral Deficit: £43,082.90... Mortgage Neutral Savings: £18,809.34

MFiT-T6 #13 - £3,517 of £15,500 (22.69%)
    1% Mortgage Challenge 2022 - £157.59 of £650
  • A_Frayed_Knot
    Options
    What's the difference between a bad haircut and a good haircut ? :(

Answer - 4 weeks :)
    Always have 00.00 at the end of your mortgage and one day it will all be 0's :dance:
    MF[STRIKE] March 2030[/STRIKE] Yes that does say 2030 :eek: Mortgage Free 21.12.18 _party_
    Now a Part Timer from 27.10.19
  • lilyp
    lilyp Posts: 270 Forumite
    Options
    I tried DD on gluten free for about a day as she keeps getting constipated despite eating a crazy amount of fruit and I just couldnt stick to it so really impressed you are doing so well. Will be looking up the suggestions on here to try to at least attempt to reduce her gluten consumption.

You are doing really well. Enjoying your diary very much xx
  • PrincessLou
    Options
    Thank you everyone for your kind words (and jokes!! :p). I'm feeling better today about the haircut as it looks a lot better now that his hair is a little ruffled. I think it looked awful yesterday because his hair was stuck to his head and very, very straight.
    greent wrote: »
    Saw link to this blog earlier and thought of you: http://www.glutenfreealchemist.com/

Thanks Greent - will definitely have a look at that site later on. I find since starting this diet with DS I have become more excited about finding different meals for them to try.
    I tried DD on gluten free for about a day as she keeps getting constipated despite eating a crazy amount of fruit and I just couldnt stick to it so really impressed you are doing so well. Will be looking up the suggestions on here to try to at least attempt to reduce her gluten consumption.

To be honest, it's actually a lot easier than I thought it was going to be - mind you, DS is not a picky eater, so I can put practically anything in front of him and he will eat it. :D If your DD is experiencing issues in the number 2 department, then it is definitely worth trying. That was one of the things we were concerned about with DS and within a day there was a dramatic difference and everything was how it should be. :)
    Mortgage - £105,500
  • PrincessLou
    Options
    Payday yesterday - went through the budget and have sent £800 to the savings account. Almost hit savings target so in a couple of months any extra money will be sent to OP. :j

Decluttered 4 HUGE boxes from the garage this afternoon full of unused toiletries and make-up gift sets, as well as perfumes :o I would like to add that the majority of these have been given to me as gifts at some point, I didn't buy it all :D My problem is that, for example, I only tend to go through one perfume a year and these things just build up. I may Ebay most of it as all of it is unopened - better get listing!
    Mortgage - £105,500
  • PrincessLou
    Options
    Not made it out of the house much over the past couple of days due to the weather, however, we've had a wonderfully productive weekend nonetheless. Both boys have been busy with various activities and DH and I have managed to fit in some housework and decluttering around them.

Have listed 9 items on Ebay so far from yesterdays finds, although still lots more to go!! I find listing is so much quicker and easier on the app. Up until recently I did it on the laptop which was far more time consuming. Looking forward to listing more, although I may wait until next month as I'm coming to the end of my 20 free listings.
    Mortgage - £105,500
  • MumofIowans
    Options
    Hi Princess, just wanted to say that my DS had beautiful curls and once we got his haircut for the first time they never really came back :( he still has lovely hair though but the only place I can get it cut well is super expensive... I guess that should be on my list of things to cut back on, considering DH never gets his cut, and I only get mine done once or twice a year. What is it about happily spending too much money on they kids?!

You are doing a great job of meeting your targets, I wish you the best of luck!
    Deposit Fund = 9754/20,000
    OP Fund (2016) = 250/700
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family