hello all me again

Options

Hi

Just a quick update i have called the debt help line and they were brill and are sending me my pack and letters etc.....i have started my spend book and i have spent very well this week so far
nappies / formula /food /30 pounds

there is no need for any spending tomoorw as i have all i need in

i made the doctors appointment cant get in till the 26th!!

i feel quite nervous about sending these letters off and debt line recomended not trying to claim past bank charges back as it may ruffle there feathers ?? what do you all think about that.

OH and i opened a little halifax acc up so i can start afresh in case the bank get funny about me not being able to pay there cc

any other suggestion

one quick question when i send these letters of do i include a chq for the payment i am offering ??? do i try to pay something now anyhow and just do that till its sorted?? advice please

jo

capital one 2085
lloyds 1900
ge cap 980

Comments

• jbaugh
    jbaugh Posts: 75 Forumite
    Options
    anysuggestions on the reclaiming bank charges would you do it.......sorry for the bump
  • moonlightpjs
    moonlightpjs Posts: 1,583 Forumite
    Options
    Just my opion but somebody may be able to advise better but if you have opened another bank account then I would try and reclaim the charges as they are "unlawful" - it shouldn't matter if they (the banks etc) aren't happy - there are 1000's of people claiming them back now so the banks should be getting used to it by now.
    If you need any further help try paying a visit to the Consumer Action Group website - I found them really helpful.

Good luck!!!
  • halloweenqueen_2
    Options
    Sorry I can't offer much advice, but sounds like you are on the first step to recovery! Good luck. Have a look at the bank charge reclaiming thread, check you're not paying too much council tax either.
    I don't think you include a cheque as what stops them cashing it and then saying they don't accept your offer?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure