PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

freezing haloumi cheese

Options
Hi,
I regularly buy cheap grated cheese - mainly cheddar and mozzarella - when its reduced/on offer and put it in the freezer. - its fine once defrosted for using on hm pizza and in cooking, soups etc, and have used it on sandwiches with no problems or change to taste ...
ive not frozen haloumi before and wondered if anyone has and what it was like once defrosted? ive got a couple of packets that I got reduced from the supermarket - I was going to use them this weekend but it will mess up my meal plan, so if they can be frozen i'll use them after next week ...

sue x
wading through the treacle of life!

debt 2016 = £21,000. debt 2021 = £0!!!!

Comments

• Callie22
    Callie22 Posts: 3,444 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I've never frozen it but to be honest it's so tough and rubbery (in a good way!) that I can't see freezing it making any difference in terms of texture. I would try and use it as soon as possible from the freezer though, I don't think it'd freeze very well for months and months.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 12,492 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    It`s fine frozen in slices. I just dry fry as usual and there is no difference
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure