PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Food mixer recommendations, anyone..?

Options
2»

Comments

• Tiddlywinks
    Tiddlywinks Posts: 5,777 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    There is only one food mixer and that's a Kitchen Aid.

You'll never need another for the rest of your life.

I agree.

Get a second hand KitchenAid - the white classic model is slightly less powerful but still does the job for a lot less money than the Artisan model.... upgraded my classic last year and not much difference in performance.

Worth every penny, and they are easy to get fixed too if anything needs doing in the future.
    :hello:
  • maryb
    maryb Posts: 4,661 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    I have a Kenwood Chef which I don't use. I take a different approach from most people as I find that a powerful hand held mixer suits me much better as I can get into all bits of the bowl, instead of constantly having to stop to scrape it down and I get a better feel for the mix. I bought an extra set of beaters which is extremely useful. The key is to get the most powerful motor you can for a hand held. Some are only 250 watts which is pathetic

This one is 400w, much more like it
    https://www.johnlewis.com/browse/electricals/food-processors-mixers-blenders/food-mixers/hand/_/N-aglZ1z0rj4d?intcmp=cp_ele_foodpreparation_fuwi1_top_handmixers_lhd_x050516

Same wattage as the Dualit hand mixers which are much more expensive. I have a Bosch hand mixer which has stood up to hard use for 20 years so I recommend it.

I don't use a hand mixer for bread doughs but my breadmaker is so much better even than my Kenwood Chef.
    It doesn't matter if you are a glass half full or half empty sort of person. Keep it topped up! Cheers!
  • Charlton_King
    Charlton_King Posts: 2,071 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    I don't use a hand mixer for bread doughs but my breadmaker is so much better even than my Kenwood Chef.[/QUOTE]

I find that breadmakers are ok so long as you have a tiny appetite...
  • Whoknowskt89
    Options
    I didn't have a lot of money to buy an electric free standing but bought one of the below just over 2 years ago.
    It can be used free standing as well.
    I mainly use it for cakes as I have a bread machine but in the time I've had it I've had no problems and at times I'll use it 3 or 4 times a day.
    It's not top of the range but it's cheap and may come in handy while saving for one over £150?
    It comes in 3 colours too. It's also on Groupon for less at the moment.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/d/Blenders-Mixers-Food-Processors/Breville-Pick-Mix-Stand-Hand-Mixer-Vanilla/B00JQEI3NM
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure