Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread

Options

Comments

• aau1
    aau1 Posts: 19,401 Forumite
    Options
    Amex Spend £50 or more, get £5 back with Esso - unlimited use
    http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/amex-spend-50-more-get-5-back-with-esso-unlimited-2494659
    Apparently, everybody knows that the bird is [strike]the word[/strike] a moorhen
  • davemorton
    davemorton Posts: 29,066 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    Morning all, sunny here :)
    mhoc wrote: »
    I said do these honestly give you joy and he said yes it was all tied up with memories which is fair enough - at this point I ran off before he started to tell me which bit of metal had come off what engine from 19** and where that engine had driven and where it was scrapped etc ...

he also produced three thin slithers of metal and asked what he should do with them, compounants of some long dead computer.
    so in OHs head he has filled his commitment to downsizing and decluttering by putting these 3 thin bits of metal in the bin (and saving the other 60 bits of random metal)
    :rotfl::rotfl: I can so relate to him.
    aau1 wrote: »
    Amex Spend £50 or more, get £5 back with Esso - unlimited use
    http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/amex-spend-50-more-get-5-back-with-esso-unlimited-2494659
    Not on my card, but there is a SUNGLASS HUT £20 back on £100 spend, so might be good for the sunglasses hunters.
    “Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?”
    Juvenal, The Sixteen Satires
  • Enterprise_1701C
    Options
    davemorton wrote: »
    Morning all, sunny here :)

:rotfl::rotfl: I can so relate to him.

Not on my card, but there is a SUNGLASS HUT £20 back on £100 spend, so might be good for the sunglasses hunters.

Do people really spend that much on sunglasses:eek:
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
  • LEJC
    LEJC Posts: 9,618 Forumite
    Options
    Good morning all...
    It's cloudy here but the sun is trying to peep through...

I knew it wouldn't last...4 days since the last email from the friendly EA and this morning he's sent another asking for "an end of week update"....

What are we actually waiting for at the moment...Oh I remember...his vendor to return from holiday but thats not for another 11 days!!!
    frugal October...£41.82 of £40 food shopping spend for the 2 of us!

2017 toiletries challenge 179 out 145 in ...£18.64 spend
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 14,545 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    bcw123 wrote: »
    morning all lovely morning in east surrey Info required I have a top cash back account nothing in credit I have received an email saying my years subsciption expires in 4 weeks time and they want another £5 As I have a nil balance can they take it out of my bank without my consent

No, it just waits in the background until you have earned the £5 then takes it off.

Unless you use it regularly and will get more than £5 more as a result of the bonus, then you may as well downgrade.

Hth

Anon
  • LEJC
    Options
    CS still has the 20p cashback on pepsi x12 claims...noticed in T that it's £1 for a 2l bottle so again not as good as a glitch but if you need it 80p probably isn't bad

• davemorton
    davemorton Posts: 29,066 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    Do people really spend that much on sunglasses:eek:

I know it seems a lot, but they do last a lot longer. When I used to buy cheap ones, they would last a season, but you can easily get ten years out of a good pair if you so wished, and much better for your eyes than the really cheap ones.
    :cool: :D
    “Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?”
    Juvenal, The Sixteen Satires
  • buyitall
    buyitall Posts: 3,597 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Morning all, lovely sunny morning here . I am meant to be going for a run, but think I will go for a long walk with OH instead.

Am finding it really difficult to motivate myself to run, if there are any runners on here with any tips, please let me know, as I have entered a half marathon in October and need some motivation!

Hope your Le Creuset sets are dispatched DM - what a bargain!
  • rose28454
    rose28454 Posts: 4,948 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    My motive would be to stop spending money as the boys all came home for a short period. We recently had spoke of ways that I could stop working sooner. OH had a plan which meant living off very little money, we had a weekend of doing this... by the Sunday I had had enough. It is really hard to live with someone who wants unrealistic things (beer, hobbies etc) on a tight budget, and whose sense of enjoyment is to just lay in the sun (it was sunny that weekend!)... You have all of my sympathy... x

I was interested in this conversation about decluttering and downsizing. I am still living in our 3 bed semi on my own and would love to move to something smaller but it really needs clearing out 1st.
    DD has a new baby as does DS and yesterday when I was out shoppign with DD she asked me when I retire, I said not till NOV 2019 ( I am 62 ) and would it not for the changes to women's retirement age I would be retired now. Problem is if house is sold OH will expect half and he has a fairly good pension from Royal Mail and even though we are not divorced I feel that should be taken into the equation if we sell. I have spent the last 8 years paying off the mortgage ( from about 78000 down to 35000 ) and also think that should figure in any split.
    What do others think ?
  • LEJC
    Options
    Might I have seen the wonderful Squigs pop in last night offering buckets and spades....?

Yes please..I'll have one with ice cream and a flake and one with wine and a straw xx

Hope all is well and the only reason you are not posting is because the ice cream is keeping you busy.

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport