PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Help with making cheese and onionbread using the BM

Options
Hi guys

could you please help ... I was going to try making some cheese and onion bread, I've got cheddar cheese and both a jar of caramelised onion and some fresh onions in ... can anyone please advise how to make this. I have the recopies for classic and French bread in my BM manual but just not sure which to use and when/what ingredients to use ...

I was also going to have a go at HM pizzas via BM (recipe in manual) and some dough balls .. guessing just pizza dough rolled ..

any advice or recommendations would be fab

lisa x
DFW
January £0/£11,100

NSD
January 1/31

Comments

• honeythewitch
    honeythewitch Posts: 1,094 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I would use the french setting with a little less water and a little less oil/fat and just bung the cheese and onion in at the start. :)
  • ravylesley
    ravylesley Posts: 1,105 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I make cheese and onion bread all the time and find that if you add the cheese and onions at the beginning they get so well mixed in that they get lost.So for us I use the BM to make the dough then roll it out and spread the Cheese and Onion over it and then roll it back up and give it a bit of a knead before plonking it in a tin and leaving to rise and then bake
  • mumofthetwins
    mumofthetwins Posts: 1,111 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks for the advice guys :)
    Ravylesly - how long and at whT temp do you bake at ? ... I've only ever used the BM but I was thinking if I bake in the oven I wouldn't get the holes from the paddles ;)

Lisa x
    DFW
    January £0/£11,100

NSD
    January 1/31
  • ravylesley
    ravylesley Posts: 1,105 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thanks for the advice guys :)
    Ravylesly - how long and at whT temp do you bake at ? ... I've only ever used the BM but I was thinking if I bake in the oven I wouldn't get the holes from the paddles ;)

Lisa x

Crikey that's putting me on the spot as my oven is a big Range one and I always think its temp is lower than a normal one but I plonk it in a cold oven cos I think it rises better than in a preheated one.I set the oven to Gas 5 and usually leave it for 40mins or so.I haven't got a clue what Gas 5 is in leccy and 40mins seems quite long to me but that's how long my oven takes but I would check it after about 25mins
  • mumofthetwins
    mumofthetwins Posts: 1,111 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks for that ... I'm house sitting at my parents and their oven is gas so yay ..

Thanks again
    Lisa
    DFW
    January £0/£11,100

NSD
    January 1/31
  • peachyprice
    peachyprice Posts: 22,346 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    ravylesley wrote: »
    I make cheese and onion bread all the time and find that if you add the cheese and onions at the beginning they get so well mixed in that they get lost.So for us I use the BM to make the dough then roll it out and spread the Cheese and Onion over it and then roll it back up and give it a bit of a knead before plonking it in a tin and leaving to rise and then bake

Exactly what I was going to suggest, just use the BM to make the dough, then bake it in the oven, 220c 30 mins.
    Accept your past without regret, handle your present with confidence and face your future without fear
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure