Cheap Christmas veg offers now from 19p - Asda, Tesco, Lidl etc

Options
redfox
redfox Posts: 15,338 Forumite
Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
edited 12 December 2017 at 7:19PM in Gone off!
From 20th to 27th December Asda will be selling some veg packs at 20p as they did last year. Parsnips, sprouts, carrots and broccoli are the selection available. *

I'm sure Aldi and Lidl will do the same and probably knock a penny off as well (as they did last year) :rotfl:

* Thanks to saxo_appeal on HUKD

Official MoneySavingExpert insert Tue 12 Dec: Last year, we saw the price of Christmas vegetables go down to 19p/kg for some items so 20p at Asda isn't bad at all. If you've time to wait, prices could still go down further and if you're very patient sometimes on Christmas Eve just before closing you might find a whole host of veggies yellow-stickered to 10p or less each (though there might be a bit of a scrum to get them!).

Big thanks to redfox for the original spot!

[purplesignup][/purplesignup]

Comments

• rhcp
    rhcp Posts: 2,036 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    According to the leaflet, Lidl from 14th to 27th are:
    mini roasts 1.5kg
    carrots 1 kg
    brussel sprouts 500g
    parsnips 500g

all 29p.

Hopefully reduced more to be in line with asda!
  • redfox
    redfox Posts: 15,338 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Tesco are now doing these for 29p each:

Cauliflower
    Potatoes (2.5kg)
    Parsnips (500g)
    Carrots (500g)
    Sprouts (500g)

from Dec 13th until 24th.
  • SamsReturn
    SamsReturn Posts: 2,489 Forumite
    Options
    I'ne just seen someone post on Hukd. From 13/12/17.....
    1kg carrots; 500gm parsnips; 500gm sprouts; cauliflower, and 2.5kg potatoes. All 29p each.
  • VfM4meplse
    VfM4meplse Posts: 34,269 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    SamsReturn wrote: »
    1kg carrots; 500gm parsnips; 500gm sprouts; cauliflower, and 2.5kg potatoes. All 29p each.
    I bet the Aldi packs are smaller and we won’t see a price reduction from the others. Even so, it’s a lot of veg for not a lot of money. I can see myself mass-producing soup on Boxing Day and freezing it. It will be a lovely accompaniment to the YS bread I have in my freezer, because the first three months of my life are going to mean very slim pickings in the expenditure department.
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
  • determined_new_ms
    Options
    SamsReturn wrote: »

where is this?
    DF as at 30/12/16
    Womblng 2020:
    NSD Jan 2/18 YTD: 2
  • Flimber
    Flimber Posts: 736 Forumite
    Options
    Are any of the potato deals on Maris Pipers or Kind Edward spuds, like last year ? :dance: Or are going to be looking at Nectar/Estima/et al ? :sad:
  • robin58
    robin58 Posts: 2,802 Forumite
    Options
    VfM4meplse wrote: »
    I bet the Aldi packs are smaller and we won’t see a price reduction from the others. Even so, it’s a lot of veg for not a lot of money. I can see myself mass-producing soup on Boxing Day and freezing it. It will be a lovely accompaniment to the YS bread I have in my freezer, because the first three months of my life are going to mean very slim pickings in the expenditure department.

Well we will find out soon as the new Aldi offers starts on Wed 20th, a day earlier than normal.
    The more I live, the more I learn.
    The more I learn, the more I grow.
    The more I grow, the more I see.
    The more I see, the more I know.
    The more I know, the more I see,
    How little I know.!! ;)
  • VfM4meplse
    VfM4meplse Posts: 34,269 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    robin58 wrote: »
    Well we will find out soon as the new Aldi offers starts on Wed 20th, a day earlier than normal.
    I’ll be stocking up on kiwis and mangoes before then :D
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
  • B_M
    B_M Posts: 714 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Flimber wrote: »
    Are any of the potato deals on Maris Pipers or Kind Edward spuds, like last year ? :dance: Or are going to be looking at Nectar/Estima/et al ? :sad:

Hopefully they repeat and it's the former, rather than the latter.
    Fantastic and crazy prices last year.
    Appreciated though.
    No payments from financial products from cash back sites? Put in a complaint direct and if they don't resolve your issue, head straight to the financial ombudsman - it costs the company £550 in referral fees, win or lose.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure