Debt Free at Last

Options
Over 8 years ok I was in a horrid controlling relationship by where I was the sole breadwinner and owed money everywhere, owing over £40,000, I went into a debt management plan with Payplan and offered all my creditors amounts that I could afford. It was really hard to begin with as creditors where very nasty and persistently ringing me, Lloyds being the worst, they rang all hours of the night and day as they had overseas call centres. It was horrid but Payplan told me to ignore their calls.

Four years into my debt management plan, I seen the light and got out of the relationship. I then ploughed all my time into reducing my debt, working 2 job everyday of the week upto16 hours a day. I looked into ppi and got over £15,000 back which I used to pay off debts. Then two years ago I did it. I payed everyone and was totally debt free, I now owe no one anything I pay for everything within my means and if I can afford it I don’t have it. My credit limit is excellent and I no longer have to work ridiculous hours to survive, the moral of this is, you really can do this if you put your mind to it.:T

Comments

• onedaysomeday
    Options
    Congratulations on being debt-free and away from a horrible relationship :)
    Just trying to make up for past mistakes and work towards the future I want :hello:
  • aphill24
    aphill24 Posts: 143 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Congratulations a very well done hope the future is bright for you you deserve it.
  • another_casualty
    Options
    :T:j:beer::j
  • Jberts
    Jberts Posts: 13 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Wow.....I am new to the site and really loved this post. It sounds like you worked really hard. How did you manage to stay so motivated to pay off the debt especially. I am just at the point of contacting creditors to sort out my outstanding debts but I am still scared I will always be in this position and not make the right choices.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure