Valentine's ideas... for MEN???

Options

Comments

• Angel777
    Angel777 Posts: 913 Forumite
    Options
    Hi skintchick, good for you i think thats great.

What about making a mixed cd of sentimental songs for him?

Writing him a poem, i did this for my 1st anniversary.

making a voucher that he can redeem for you cooking him a meal when you do see him, i did something similar and found one on the internet that i just printed off with my message on it?
  • M157RY
    Options
    Hi Skintchick, you could lovehearts.com they have some nice ideas of sweets etc u could get.
  • vixarooni
    vixarooni Posts: 4,376 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    so far i have got my boyfriend a teddy bear that says "sexy bear" on the front with a heart container containing sweets around his neck. Cost me £3 from the sale in debenhams ha.

Im making him a card and i'll get him something else too.
  • jamtart6
    jamtart6 Posts: 8,302 Forumite
    Options
    mine wants new trainers!!! haha!! VERY romantic! but im so proud he has learnt to be (over) practical!

I am getting some " i love you" chocolates from thorntons they are about £2.50 and they are going in his lunch bag! but i did that last year so could do with some new ideas too...

we're not doing anything on the night as i have a thing with work (rubbish timing or what) and i dont think he needs another teddy....

:ABeing Thrifty Gifty again this year:A

• kazprincess
    Options
    I am going to send a box to his work and put a balloon in there, some CD's, a few heart chocolates, some sexy handcuffs, a posing pouch! All sexy, but funny things! He works with his Dad, Uncle, best mate and a few others so i am a little scared but recon he will see the funny side (and sweet side for me thinking of him).
    wins 2008: nada:angry:
  • kittiwoz
    kittiwoz Posts: 1,321 Forumite
    Options
    li'l_P wrote:
    roses, teddies, perfume, chocolates, jewellery, etc.
    If my bf buys me a lazy, tacky generic gift like that I shan't be pleased. He might get away with chocolates since I actually like them or even flowers because I've never had a guy buy me flowers but I'd rather have something more personal that shows some thought and not some mass market girlie gift tsaske. If he buys me anything with pastel colours I'll be forced to dump him.

I'm not sure what I'm going to do for him yet but it will have to be very cheap since I'm completely skint. I'll probably cook him a nice meal and bake him some biscuits or brownies. I think he'll like that. The problem I'll have if I cook him a meal though is getting rid of all my housemates for the evening. Who knows though. If the wheather is as good as it was today we could have a picnic. I think that'd be ace. That's my idea of romance.
  • ollyshaw
    ollyshaw Posts: 704 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    How about these:

Malt whiskey;

Golf lessons (or whatever his hobby is);

Treat him to a nice meal out?

Olly
    ## No signature by order of the management ##
  • li'l_p
    li'l_p Posts: 797 Forumite
    Options
    kittiwoz wrote:
    If my bf buys me a lazy, tacky generic gift like that I shan't be pleased. He might get away with chocolates since I actually like them or even flowers because I've never had a guy buy me flowers but I'd rather have something more personal that shows some thought and not some mass market girlie gift tsaske. If he buys me anything with pastel colours I'll be forced to dump him.

TBH I agree with you wholeheartedly. I personally hate being given roses (waste/overpriced/don't last long) and chocolates, etc, but I do like the sentiment of the day despite the total commercial aspect, hence the reason I am looking towards more personal gifts, and in keeping with the spirit of this site, things that are money-saving, preferably home made. ;)
  • iwanttosave_2
    iwanttosave_2 Posts: 34,292 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I cant do this again this year coz I did it last year, but my fella loves sweets, and if you have a local market that sells sweets then you can do it yourself for about a tenner.

http://www.aquarterof.co.uk/large-wooden-romance-p-1401.html
    Work like you don't need money,
    Love like you've never been hurt,
    And dance like no one's watching
    Save the cheerleader, save the world!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts