2 Cabin Sized Suitcases From Tesco £10 delivered or £5 if delivered to store!

Options

Comments

• roses
    roses Posts: 2,330 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Inactive wrote: »
    They may well be OK on Ryanair, but they are not OK on most airlines, only the smaller one is suitable.

Perhaps the OP can amend the title to reflect this.

The baggage size is fine. I have just checked the following websites:

BA
    Lufthansa
    Thomas Cook
    Globe Span
    Easyjet
    Ryanair

They all have the size restrictions of 55cm x 45cm x 20cm, of which both suitcases I posted on are well within these size limits.

Also if you look at the BAA website:

Hand baggage - one bag rule
    Each passenger may take only ONE item of hand baggage through security control. It must be no larger than:
    • 56cm (22in) tall
    • 45cm (17.7in) wide
    • 25cm (10in) deep

If you still believe I am wrong by claiming that this is cabin sized then feel free to provide a link to the relevant airlines website that don't accept these suticases as hand luggage :)
  • stiffnuts69
    Options
    Im glad that last post shut that inactive up. He was really starting to wind me up the anal !!!!.
  • alwaysskint96
    Options
    How are people getting the free delivery. I added a tesco sim to my basket but it still wants to charge me delivery
  • Gilly_flower
    Options
    always - I've just done a dummy order using the case and a £5 Value SIM - and the free postage deal still worked.
    Have you got as far as the "Review and Confirm" page of the order? The postage discount is not applied till then.
  • yezdi
    yezdi Posts: 173 Forumite
    Options
    Check the weights though. 3.6kg !! that is half the allowed baggage allowance. Not very helpful from that point of view. However, it sure is a very good price if the quality is good.
  • timviola
    Options
    yezdi wrote: »
    Check the weights though. 3.6kg !! that is half the allowed baggage allowance. Not very helpful from that point of view. However, it sure is a very good price if the quality is good.

How do you make 3.6 Kg half of 10 Kg?
  • Searcher2
    Searcher2 Posts: 1,174 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    yezdi wrote: »

Personally I have NEVER had my hand baggage weighed - and my hand luggage is sometimes very heavy due to me stuffing it with electronic stuff I don't want risk losing witht he baggage handlers. I know some airlines have started weighing them though to try to make more money by adding surcharges.

I think the sniping at the OP is a bit rich. If the cases are noo heavy or big for people then don't buy. The facts are all on the Tesco web site. I think the OP saying they are cabin size is more important than discussions on size/weight as some people may think from the picture that the bigger of the two cases is a 'normal' size bag.
  • Gilly_flower
    Options
    My cases have just arrived. I'm surprised how roomy the bigger one is - and together they give plenty of space for 2 peoples stuff for a 4 day trip. This was an excellent tip and great timing as we are off tomorrow. Thanks again OP!
  • crispeater
    crispeater Posts: 1,072 Forumite
    Options
    opps!! i forgot they have such quick delivery lol

do you think they will leave them with a neighbour as im at work. i should of selected to have it delivered to another address.. what a plonker!
    It only seems kinky the first time.. :A
  • Gilly_flower
    Options
    not sure crispeater - the last time they delivered and I wasn't in, they just left the package (a sun lounger) outside my front door. I'm sure this not the official policy though!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure