Student Loan Not Showing

Options
So I've been paying my student loan back for several years now (3 years), in the first years statement it said no payments had been made. Having called and spoken to student finance, I explained the situation, but was told by the advisor that they could see I was making payments and it will be visible on my next statement.

Time goes by, and I dont remember getting my statement for last year and before you know it, another one come in the post for this year. Still no payments are being shown, however i've always seen it on my payslips and have paid back thousands having looked back through my records.

If I call them again tomorrow and they say it looks like the payments are being made, then another year passes and it says I haven't paid anything again, then where does it leave me?

Comments

• beginthetwist
    Options
    You can send them copies of payslips showing the deductions possibly?
  • glider3560
    glider3560 Posts: 4,115 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Check they have your correct National Insurance number. Also check your employer has your correct National Insurance number.

Failing that, contact HMRC to ask why they haven't been informing the SLC of your repayments.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure