PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Whats the best....

Options
2»

Comments

• TattyG
    TattyG Posts: 228 Forumite
    Options
    Where does the Fever Tree please - that sounds just what I have been looking for! x
    Aug Comp Wins - :j

Fly Lady - Day Completed -

Starting to OS again and get life into some kind of order!
    :T
  • sillyvixen
    sillyvixen Posts: 3,615 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    i like bombay saphire but generally only drink gin and tonic when i am out. i have a bottle of Gordens Gin thet i have had unopened since i moved here (must be 10 years old) - Mum says it only gets better with age so i should get some tonic and try it!! i'm not sure my mum has never had a bottle of gin for longer than 4 months!!
    Dogs return to eat their vomit, just as fools repeat their foolishness. There is no more hope for a fool than for someone who says, "i am really clever!"
  • Callie22
    Callie22 Posts: 3,444 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    TattyG wrote: »
    Where does the Fever Tree please - that sounds just what I have been looking for! x

Waitrose sell it and I think I've also seen it in Sainsbury's - it's really good.

I like Hendrick's, but it can be a love it or hate it gin. If you're looking to spend a bit more then I'd also recommend Sipsmith's, which is lovely.
  • Butterfly_Brain
    Options
    I am not really a gin person, I prefer southern comfort or Lambs rum but I do have a bottle of Aldi Gin in for visitors and they seem to like it, it has also consistently come out best in blind taste testing awards
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones that let in the light
    C.R.A.P R.O.L.L.Z. Member #35 Butterfly Brain + OH - Foraging Fixers
    Not Buying it 2015!
  • Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 34,689 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Savvy Shopper!
    Options
    We like Bombay Sapphire & Tanqueray, usually buy it duty free so it's export strength (47 instead of 40).
    Islandmaid wrote: »
    Bombay sapphire here too by preference.. But do have a bottle of A!do,s own here too

Was served it with cucumber instead of lemon the other night at a friends, and it was really very good :)
    Tesco do tonic with cucumber, also jasmine and elderflower.
    Not tried them though.
  • camelot1001
    camelot1001 Posts: 6,007 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Tanqueray is my favourite but I just like Gin! Some good Scottish Gins about, Caorunn and Boe are very good. Not a Hendricks fan myself.
    I would buy whatever is on offer in the supermarket but most of mine is gifted or bought duty free.
    Fever Tree is sold in Tesco some Co-Ops but another tonic I like is 1724.

Chin Chin!
  • dandy-candy
    dandy-candy Posts: 2,213 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I've tried tanquery and Bombay sapphire, but still prefer Gordon's. Make sure you try them down the pub rather than buy a bottle (like I did) and have to drink your way through it with a disappointed face....
  • Mr_Singleton
    Mr_Singleton Posts: 1,891 Forumite
    Options
    TattyG wrote: »
    Where does the Fever Tree please - that sounds just what I have been looking for!
    I get it from Waitrose but according to MySupermarket Morrison's has it on special @ £1.35 per 500ml rather than the usual £1.69.

Beware that you'll never go back to Schweppes let alone own brands after trying it!
  • PenguinOfDeath
    Options
    Fever tree is definitely the way to go tonic wise, their ginger beer goes rather well with a nip of gin too!

Botanist, Monkey 47 and Ophir are some of my favourites (ophir was on offer £20 recently in tesco)

As for garnish... ginger, mint, basil, strawberries and of course juniper berries can all work well...a quick guide here
    http://www.ginandtonicjuly.com/garnish.html
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport