Barclays Loan now managed by Arvato

Options
Hi All,

I received a letter this morning from a company called Arvato saying they are now managing my Barclays loan debt. Barclays had already agreed to my DMP repayment offer.

I'm a little confused because Arvato are asking me to contact them to discuss a repayment offer and have provided different bank details for repayments.

Am I right in thinking it would be best to ignore this outfit and continue my repayment and communications directly to Barclays? Until the debt is formally sold?

Thanks all!

Keez

Comments

• sourcrates
    sourcrates Posts: 28,878 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Hi,

Creditors can be a real pain when they do this, they have farmed out the day to day running of your account to avarto.

So avarto will not be aware of your DMP, are you with stepchange ?

If so, forward the letter to them, if your self managing, write to the DCA explaining your paying via a DMP and make payments to them until told otherwise.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
  • Keezing
    Keezing Posts: 322 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Thanks Soucrates.

So you think I should make the payments to the new Arvato bank account?

I have received no notice of assignment or other communication from Barclays saying I should start paying Arvato.
  • sourcrates
    sourcrates Posts: 28,878 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Keezing wrote: »
    Thanks Soucrates.

So you think I should make the payments to the new Arvato bank account?

I have received no notice of assignment or other communication from Barclays saying I should start paying Arvato.

Give Barclays a quick call first and find out what's going on.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
  • Keezing
    Keezing Posts: 322 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Just a quick update regarding Arvato.

I received a letter from them today offering me a £10.5k discount as a full and final settlement.

I find this exceptional for 2 reasons:

1. I've only missed 2 payments

2. Arvato don't currently own the debt, it's still with Barclays.

Sadly it doesn't help me as I can't even get close to affording the settlement figure, but thought it might be useful info for others dealing with Arvato.
  • energylevels
    Options
    I have today received a letter from this company Arvato from a debt passed on by Barclays.

In the letter it gives a website address/portal whre you can make a payment or set up a repayment plan. I am not exaggerting when I say this website/portal does not work at all.

1) There are server errors here there and everywhere

2) It doesn't accept my date of birth in some areas

3) You go through the process of setting up a payment plan only for it to say it can NOT take automatic payments from your credit or debit card.

4) The system then says I had succesffuly set up a payment plan but then when I go back into the portal it says I have NO payment plans set up.

Should I even be entertaining this company they seem like total amateurs. I'm just terrified of soembody turning up at my door if I don't do soemthing, but I'm not sure I should be giving this company any money??

I have recorded a screencast of the brokenn portal for my own records, poisibly for the attention of the financial ombudsman and to forward to Barclays to demonstrate the state of this compnay that they are passing their debts onto. Does anyone have a 'best' email address to email a complaint to Barclays with a link to the screencast.

Thanks in advance
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I'm not sure I should be giving this company any money??

Yes, you should be.

Do they have a number or contact details on the site? Give them a call to determine the best way to make payment.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure