Christmas post and parcels.

Options
I'm a postie and this time of year we get cards with incomplete and totally wrong addresses on them and torn wrapping on parcels.

Please, please, please if you are unsure of an address put yours on the back so it can be returned to you. I find it heartbreaking when I have a Christmas card addressed to Nanny and Grampy with no house number or postcode which means I can't deliver it. Most of the time it is children's writing as well.

Also please stick the envelope down because when the letter goes through the sequencing machine the envelopes sometimes open. I've had drivers license, bank cards, and gift cards fall out of unsealed envelopes.

With parcels if you use brown paper and wrap something soft please don't fold it to tight it causes the paper to tear. Either use a plastic/paper mailing bag or use more than one piece of paper. Last Christmas someone sent a parcel wrapped in just one sheet of Christmas paper and it was one of those thin sheets, we had to put it in one of our bags.

Sorry if most of you do it already. I just want to deliver you letters and cards to the correct address and if I can't at least return it to you.

Comments

• Mrs_Ryan
    Mrs_Ryan Posts: 11,832 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Thank you in the Cotswolds- excellent post. My OH works in a Mail Centre and he would echo your sentiments, particularly with parcels. I know how hard you guys work at this time of year (OH is already starting to get stressed) so the simplest things make your job easier.
    *The RK and FF fan club* #Family*Don’t Be Bitter- Glitter!* #LotsOfLove ‘Darling you’re my blood, you have my heartbeat’ Dad 20.02.20
  • suejb2
    suejb2 Posts: 1,918 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Well done for posting (no pun intended) this. My O.H is also a postie and has seen all sorts of addresses and wrapping throughout his days on his round(s).
    Life is like a bath, the longer you are in it the more wrinkly you become.
  • kiss_me_now9
    Options
    Great reminder - I'm always a bit paranoid about my stuff getting lost in the post! Not entirely sure why anyone would think putting an envelope with no proper name, house number or postcode on would get there... the mind boggles, eh?
    £2023 in 2023 challenge - £17.79 January

• in_the_Cotswolds
    Options
    Great reminder - I'm always a bit paranoid about my stuff getting lost in the post! Not entirely sure why anyone would think putting an envelope with no proper name, house number or postcode on would get there... the mind boggles, eh?

It's more common than people think. It happens all through the year normally with cards or if someone has recently moved and and unsure of the address.
  • christmaslord
    Options
    Just use your printer so it doesn't get smudged.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure