HP Printer Cashback problem, help please

Options
I bought an HP Printer through Amazon. It offers £30 Cashback if you register it, send in a copy of invoice etc. But HP is declining to accept my application on the grounds they say you must submit a formal invoice and I bought my printer from Amazon. I have sent a PDF of the Amazon order confirmation but HP say it's not a formal invoice and if I don't send them an invoice within the week the offer will lapse. It says nowhere on the terms of the Cashback that you cannot buy from Amazon or any specific supplier. Has anyone met this please or have any advice? With thanks

Comments

• sarah1972
    sarah1972 Posts: 18,898 Senior Ambassador
    Homepage Hero Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Keys wrote: »
    I bought an HP Printer through Amazon. It offers £30 Cashback if you register it, send in a copy of invoice etc. But HP is declining to accept my application on the grounds they say you must submit a formal invoice and I bought my printer from Amazon. I have sent a PDF of the Amazon order confirmation but HP say it's not a formal invoice and if I don't send them an invoice within the week the offer will lapse. It says nowhere on the terms of the Cashback that you cannot buy from Amazon or any specific supplier. Has anyone met this please or have any advice? With thanks

The order confirmation means nothing as you could of cancelled it, HP need an actual invoice.

Log into your amazon account, go to the order and at the top right hand side of the order it will say invoice, drop down the menu and it will say invoice 1 or printable. Click Invoice 1 and you will get a full broken down invoice with everything that they should need.
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Competitions Time, Shopping & Freebies boards, Employment, Jobseeking & Training boards If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • Keys
    Keys Posts: 44 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Sarah, I've never noticed those drop downs before. Fingers crossed for my cash back. Thank you for taking the time to post.
  • sarah1972
    sarah1972 Posts: 18,898 Senior Ambassador
    Homepage Hero Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Keys wrote: »
    Sarah, I've never noticed those drop downs before. Fingers crossed for my cash back. Thank you for taking the time to post.

You are welcome.

There is no reason that they wont pay you now if they have the proper invoice :beer:
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Competitions Time, Shopping & Freebies boards, Employment, Jobseeking & Training boards If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure