loan application

Options
I was wondering if anyone had experienced this, I recieved a letter from amigo loans this morning stating that my account is active and this was my pin. It said I set up the account in july 2014 and was ready to use. Thing is I never set up an account! Is it possible amigo loans have used my details from other credit companies to entice me to apply for a loan? I have had credit before but havent used any or applied in about 4years!
Thanks in advance...i dont think im a victim of identity fraud as it was delivered to my new address!

Comments

• g6jns_2
    g6jns_2 Posts: 1,214 Forumite
    Options
    Call them and report it immediately.
  • CHR15
    CHR15 Posts: 5,193 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Get a copy of your credit reports just in case
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    It's just marketing nonsense from them. You can't actually access any loan money until you find a guarantor. Just file under B for bin.
  • Bmth100
    Bmth100 Posts: 1,037 Forumite
    Options
    I was wondering if anyone had experienced this, I recieved a letter from amigo loans this morning stating that my account is active and this was my pin. It said I set up the account in july 2014 and was ready to use. Thing is I never set up an account! Is it possible amigo loans have used my details from other credit companies to entice me to apply for a loan? I have had credit before but havent used any or applied in about 4years!
    Thanks in advance...i dont think im a victim of identity fraud as it was delivered to my new address!

Take it from me; that's marketing. Direct marketing, to those who had an open/pending application, which probably went originally from a broker. Call them and ask to be removed from marketing.

Don't worry about your credit report. If you receive a letter saying you have e-signed something, THEN you can worry.
  • Angryatthesystem
    Options
    I had this, and i for my sins thought oh its spam and ignored it. Unfortunately for me i soon found out that my (now ex) business partner had signed for a loan with me as guarantor (i had no clue and it didn't click until he defaulted on first payment and ran off) With our business account as the guarantor account, God knows how that got approved but it did!. Long story short it was a absolute nightmare to sort. So if anyone gets a letter like this i would advise them to call them, ask for their fraud department and kick up a fuss. I eventually had to go through lawyers etc to get this resolved. which i did luckily. They make it way too easy for people to obtain credit via someone else.

Would avoid these guys like the plague
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport