From Nightmares to Dreams come true!

Options

Comments

• MeandThe2
    MeandThe2 Posts: 98 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Morning!

I am so tired, really need to go to bed earlier I am sure my tiredness contributes to most of the other problems!

Each day I am going to set small goal in each of the 3 areas I am working on, I am also going to start a spending diary and I have joined the flylady group on here to help with the cleaning.

Finance - Draw out weekly cash, check CC balance
    House/Family - Clean bathrooms, tidy playroom, enjoy community picnic with kids
    Health - Go to bed by 10, Drink 4 bottles of water (2l)

Updates later
  • MeandThe2
    Options
    Had a fab day today! The community get together was a perfect way to spend a sunny Saturday afternoon.

Spending £12.18 in the coop on around 80 ice lollies & choc ices for the community picnic as our shared contribution...best money I have spent in ages as the kids love handing them out and everyone enjoyed them

Not much of the to do list got done as we were too busy enjoying ourselves and we took an afternoon nap. did manage to tidy playroom, drink 6 bottles of water and do a load of washing so better than nothing!
  • MeandThe2
    Options
    Fathers day with all the family back up North so nothing but family time today.

Spending £14.45, £10 petrol and then bottled water and snacks...need to remember the snack bag next time!

Going to do my bullet journal for the week so I know what I have on and then go to bed!
  • MeandThe2
    Options
    Monday is my 'day off' sounds nice doesn't it but what it really means is both children are in nursery/sch and I am not at work so I can get all the jobs that need doing done!

Started with a trip to B&M where I picked up another fan (man is it hot!) also got some bits to organise the draws in the kitchen and picked up some cheep water battles for the kids (3 for £1.99) We spend far too much money on water (£6 a week min!) I love having bottles in the fridge so we can just grab a bottle when needed, hoping to save money by refilling the bottles I have bought for the kids and refilling the bottles I already have in there for me.

Joined in the fly lady weekly thread on here and managed to get most of today's list done already...go me!

Today's to do's -

Finance - sort the monthly budget and find out what debts we have :eek:
    House/Family - complete fly lady list, reading with kids
    Health - Drink more water, bed by 10pm

Also need to meal plan for the week and go food shopping - I hate this job! I think it's because I have become lazy and we are all about the connivance. Family dinners have gone out the window and been replaced by rubbish TV dinners. Going to see what we have in already, do one big shop and make a point of sticking to meal plan this week.
  • MeandThe2
    Options
    Spent a lot of time today looking at my budget/SOA! it's no easy to work out as I have money coming in weekly/4 weekly/Monthly and some of the amounts change depending on the month. I will keep working on this

My debt stands at -
    Car £3550 - this is interest free, I pay £150 a month at the moment
    CC 3455.05 - Min payment of approx £155 per month

I would like to pay off the CC by the end of the year and then increase the loan repayment to £300. I would be debt free by end Sep 2018.

My finances could change drastically in Oct 2018 with my income going down by up to £180 per week, this will depend on the decision of my sons DLA renewal. Hopefully he will get awarded again but I need to be prepared in case he doesn't
  • MeandThe2
    Options
    The last 2 nights I've been in bed by 10 and I feel so much better for it! Need to keep it up :)

Today is going to be an expensive day a I need to fill the car up £40, I have physio £30, school trip to pay for £15, Nursery photos £19, Order ink for printer £? and food shop £? (meal plan and list done yesterday)

Also need to sort out my TC childcare audit, this is the 3rd one in 4 years and it is a pain in the backside. Lots of form filling and paperwork finding/printing. My childcare this year £8140 :eek: once rat pants is in school September it should reduce £4900 a year!

As I mentioned in a previous post my month used to run from the 20th to the 19th as I am paid on the 20th but this isn't working for me so I am going to do my monthly budget by calendar month and see how I go! Will post a full budget for the month, will start a spending diary and ensure I stick to what I budget...well hopefully!
  • another_casualty
    Options
    Wishing you all the best in your goals
  • MeandThe2
    Options
    Wishing you all the best in your goals

Thank you!

I m currently #2682 (Nov 2016) from you Quite everything and start again thread, I've been reading it over the past few days. Once I am up to date (may be a while!) I will come say hi :) Although I don't know the full story yet I am incredibly impressed with everything you have done x
  • another_casualty
    Options
    Thank you :)
    That thread could be longer than a monthly omnibus of eastenders .
    I don't think it's as depressing tho:) Thanks for perservering
  • MeandThe2
    Options
    Yesterday was a bit of a bust had an injection at the doctors and physio so I was good for nothing after those.

Did manage to fill up the car £43.67 (full tank) and got a free air token so used that too...good job as they were very low!

Aldi £22.98 this will do until next Monday (we're away Fri/Sat)

£30 physio this is really stretching my strings as I have spent £300 since May but my health is more important than anything. Before I started the session I was in constant pain and could hardly walk someday's

£40 cash for child related expenses

Still doing the fly lady stuff and my house is looking batter already :) Need to spend another hour on the house today.

To do -
    Check online banking and update spreadsheet
    Plan trip Fri/Sat (Harry Potter studios, little miss 8th b'day gift)
    Order ink for printer
    Drink lots of water and then drink some more
    Go to bed by 10 - was nearly 12 last night, feel ok today but lack of sleep soon catches up with me!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback