Xbox/Microsoft game sale & Microsoft rewards

Options
unholyangel
unholyangel Posts: 16,863 Forumite
Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
edited 2 July 2017 at 10:41PM in Gaming MoneySaving
As title suggests, they have a sale on at present and quite a few titles look like good prices (as cheap/cheaper than you'll get them elsewhere). Which is unusual as their pricing is usually a bloody rip off compared to other retailers.

Sale ends 10th July I believe.

Also, they have started microsoft rewards in the UK now (not to be confused with xbox rewards). And unlike xbox rewards, it actually seems you can get decent rewards for not much effort.

ie you should get around 60k "points" a year with around 50 clicks a day. 12 months live costs 28k points. Can also spend it on xbox store credit, windows store credit, skype credit, xbox game pass, groove music etc
You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means - Inigo Montoya, The Princess Bride

Comments

• DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 2 July 2017 at 9:20PM
    Options
    Thanks for that re the rewards, Ive seen the sale advertised on hukd, bought a Forza add on, might check out the rest of the sale.

Regarding the rewards its much easier to do them on a PC than a tablet.
  • unholyangel
    Options
    DCFC79 wrote: »
    Thanks for that re the rewards, Ive seen the sale advertised on hukd, bought a Forza add on, might check out the rest of the sale.

Regarding the rewards its much easier to do them on a PC than a tablet.

Yeah you need to do both for microsoft rewards afaik - you get 90 points per day for using bing on a computer and 60 points per day for using bing via mobile (3 points per search unless you're using edge, in which case its 6).

Can't remember all the deals but witcher 3 (game of year edition) is only £17.50 (was one of the games I was thinking about getting anyway so bonus for me!). Also managed to pick up dishonored 2 from tesco for £10.
    You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means - Inigo Montoya, The Princess Bride
  • DCFC79
    Options
    Im already up to 290 points with just a few clicks.
  • unholyangel
    Options
    DCFC79 wrote: »
    Im already up to 290 points with just a few clicks.

Yeah you do progress quite quickly. I've only done a month so far and have over 5k already.

Its been running in the US for a while. Friends of mine told me about it ages ago but it wasn't available in the UK yet. US one offers more rewards than ours (think they can earn up to 250-300 points a day using bing) but I'm hoping that might change and ours will come in line with theirs. You also get 1 point per £1 spent in the online store - which seems pretty pathetic when you consider how many points you get on a daily basis.

Oh, also.....they will periodically send you emails which will give you bonus points!
  • Niv
    Niv Posts: 2,469 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    how do you set up to get points? Only recently bought an x box 1 s so not found everything out yet!
    YNWA

Target: Mortgage free by 58.
  • DCFC79
    edited 17 July 2017 at 5:00PM
    Options
    Niv wrote: »
    how do you set up to get points? Only recently bought an x box 1 s so not found everything out yet!

You have any questions ask away, might be better off to start your own thread though.

Go here to earn rewards
    https://account.microsoft.com/rewards/dashboard?refd=www.bing.com
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family