High Court Enforcement Group

Options
Hi guys

I have recently been issued with a CCJ for an online course which I didn't pay for as I had lost my job.

I did the worst thing possible and buried my head in the sand and like all things it has come back to bite me!!

I was due to start a new job last month and wrote to HCE to offer a monthly payment of £200 paid on the 27th of June and then every month after that, which they accepted.

Well my problem is that my job start has been delayed and as a result I will not be getting paid until the end of August. I have emailed both High Court Enforcement Group and the online training provider in question to tell them this and state that I will start to pay from the end of August.

What are the chances that they will accept this, currently my partner is paying for our rent, food and bills etc and she cannot stretch to pay this off for me either.

I also made 2 payments of £50 at the start of June which was the last of my money, just to show that I want to get this debt dealt with.

I am emailing because a man in a white van parked outside my house for about 10 minutes today, I could see him filling in paperwork then he just turned round and drove off.

I am really worried that I will get a bailiff knocking on my door very soon.

Hopefully this all makes sense, currently sweating hard and shaking a bit!!

Comments

• barrymat
    barrymat Posts: 50 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Just a quick update, I have just been onto the phone to Reed Financial (who my course was with) and my request for an extension is going to there finance department and hopefully they will agree to me paying at the end of August.

Have definetely learned my lesson, always tackle problems head on and NEVER EVER ignore them, they never go away!!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure