Fantasy Prime Minister: Take a 'Chance-llor'

Options
MSE_Martin
MSE_Martin Posts: 8,272 Money Saving Expert
First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
Poll Started 8 September. Let's play Fantasy Prime Minister. If you were Tony Blair, which of the following would you do with Gordon Brown? Your decision should be based on personal, public and political expediency. (to discuss this or view past poll results go to the Money Polls section in the Chat Forum)

Demote him to Foreign Secretary
Drop him from the Cabinet entirely
Keep him as Chancellor full stop
Keep him as Chancellor, but dump him after then next election
Martin Lewis, Money Saving Expert.
Please note, answers don't constitute financial advice, it is based on generalised journalistic research. Always ensure any decision is made with regards to your own individual circumstance.
Don't miss out on urgent MoneySaving, get my weekly e-mail at www.moneysavingexpert.com/tips.
Debt-Free Wannabee Official Nerd Club: (Honorary) Members number 000

Comments

• cport80
    cport80 Posts: 40 Forumite
    Options
    I'm surprised there's so much support for Mr Brown considering the forthcoming reduction in the ISA limits from April 2006.

At the moment he appears to be focusing on tax incentives for VCT's - a riskier investment for people with a thousand pounds or more to sink into AIM shares and private companies. Still if the fund just breaks even it's a nice 16% income from the taxman for a basic rate payer like myself (if my understanding is correct).

Tempting for gamblers with deep pockets but I would prefer to keep the ISA allowance.
  • The_Nickster
    Options
    I'm surprised there's so much support for Mr Brown

'It's the economy stupid' :)

I used to be puzzled by why GB has been seen as an unpopular politician and would be an electoral turn off. In the end I decided it was his left wing past. The Centre and Right of British politics and press always like to discredit left wing politicians scared that their precious ultra-low (by international standards) 40% higher income tax rate was under threat.

Although the scaremongers of the Right like to suggest that GB secretly wants to return to 80% plus top rate of income tax there is no danger of that and most sensible people know it (as this poll is showing).

Personally I think GB would make a good Prime Minister.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure