PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Reheating a cooked (Rotisserie) Chicken advice please

Options
2»

Comments

• Sugarhunny1
    Options
    I'm intrigued also! Don't know if I actually want to know though :-/

Sugar xxx
    "The journey of 1000 miles commenced with a single step"
  • leo~saphira
    Options
    antenna wrote: »
    There are no germs in a properly cooked chicken so they can be reheated with no problem.
    If you yourself introduce germs into a cooked chicken while cooling it down or unhygenic handling then these can be destroyed by reheating the chicken to cooking temperature for 5 minutes.
    For example...you buy a cooken chicken from tesco's in a sealed bag (this chicken has no germs in it)..if you think it might have,then dont even eat it hot from the bag!......if you need to eat it later then leave in bag sealed from any risk,germs cannot enter the sealed bag so it must be ok to reheat within a couple of hours to cooking temp for 5 minutes.......simples

Wrong.. You can still get food poisoning from cooked chicken as it might looked cooked on the outside... but what about the inner?.

Sorry I had to put this post up - how do you know that the bag is sterile? Now, how do you know how the chicken was placed in the bag - may have being the tongs to put the chicken in there (did those tongs touch raw meat?) or the use of gloves and fingers or the odd hair might get in.

As part of my Food Safe and Hazard Risk Assessments in past life I can honestly say... I would honestly would wash and recook to full temp, so the chicken meat has a internal temp of above 65c as you would in a oven
    It's hard to find the balance when you are love.
    You're lost in the middle cause you have to decide between mind & heart.
    Heart is the engine of your body but brain is the engine of life.

• alwaysonthego_2
    Options
    MOVING THREADS FOR BETTER RESPONSES

Hi, Martin’s asked me to post this in these circumstances: I’ve asked Board Guides to move threads if they’ll receive a better response elsewhere(please see this rule) so this post/thread has been moved to another board, where it should get more replies. If you have any questions about this policy please email [EMAIL="abuse@moneysavingexpert.com"]abuse@moneysavingexpert.com[/EMAIL].
  • pompeyfanpaul
    Options
    I wouldn't reheat a cooked chicken in the oven, but thoroughly reheating it in the microwave is safe
  • McKneff
    McKneff Posts: 38,825 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Just reheat what you actually need. Use the leftovers tomorrow so you arent re heating twice .
    Or freeze
    make the most of it, we are only here for the weekend.
    and we will never, ever return.
  • Slinky
    Slinky Posts: 9,987 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Good lord, why dig up a 7 year old thread?
    Make £2024 in 2024
    Prolific to 29/2/24 £184.97, Chase Interest £11.88, Chase roundup interest £0.18, Chase CB £16.96, Roadkill £1.10, Octopus referral reward £50, Octopoints £6.30 to 31/1/24, Topcashback £4.64, Shopmium £3
    Total £279.03/£2024  13.8%

Make £2023 in 2023
    Water sewerage refund: £170.62,Topcashback: £243.47, Prolific: to 31/12/23 £975, Haggling: £45, Wombling(Roadkill): £6.04,  Chase CB £149.34, Chase roundup interest £1.35, WeBuyBooks:£8.37, Misc sales: £406.59, Delay repay £22, Amazon refund £3.41, EDF Smart Meter incentive £100, Santander Edge Cashback-Fees: £25.14, Octopus Reward £50, Bank transfer incentives £400
    Total: £2606.33/£2023  128.8%

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport