Living between Manchester and Warrington

Options
Hi guys,

I'm looking for some advice as to where to buy a house between Manchester and Warrington.

Some background info:
I currently live in a flat in Manchester city centre and have just been offered a job in Warrington.
We rely on public transport, though I can drive and could potentially buy a car (though the house would have to be cheaper) my partner doesn't. My partner works in Salford quays, conveniently accessible by tram line which we currently only live a ten minute walk from. The job in Warrington is a 20 minute bus ride from the town centre.

We have no kids, or plans to have them so schools are not an issue. However, my partner is very fond of the nightlife and entertainment Manchester has to offer, although I'm not too bothered, access to some convenience shops, maybe a supermarket, would be ideal.

I would much rather have a house than a flat. Somewhere that feels safe and has transport links is key.

If anyone has any advice it would be tremendously appreciated. :)

Comments

• SailorSam
    SailorSam Posts: 22,754 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    There was something on the news during the week they had floods during the storms, i think it was Lymm 'cos someone opened the gates of the ship canel without any warning.
    So where ever you buy, ask about the risk.
    Liverpool is one of the wonders of Britain,
    What it may grow to in time, I know not what.

Daniel Defoe: 1725.
  • suejb2
    suejb2 Posts: 1,918 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Off the top of my head, as I live north Manchester. How about Eccles, Irlam or Caddishead. Monton Green is lovely.
    Life is like a bath, the longer you are in it the more wrinkly you become.
  • REEN
    REEN Posts: 547 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Avoid Davyhulme until they solve the problem of the pong from the sewage works.
  • Andypandyboy
    Options
    I am sure this has been posted before.......
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure