Countrywide

Options
Im trying to find out which mortgage lenders dont use countrywide as their conveyancing main providers as I have read terrible reviews on them and dont want to upset my vendor or delay the conveyancing process

any help appreciated

Comments

• Anzhelka
    Anzhelka Posts: 197 Forumite
    Options
    Just want to say - we had absolutely terrible mortgage advisor from Countrywide. Haven't done anything , had to chase many times, then after chasing something was done in the same day with mistakes, I HAD to correct my brokers mistakes to get my deal. And also broker was shouting on me that I am asking to many questions and was absolutely rude!!!
    ***Twins mummy***
  • csgohan4
    csgohan4 Posts: 10,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Or you could find a local conveyancer/ solicitor that are on your mortgage lender's panel and you don't need to use the EA services.
    "It is prudent when shopping for something important, not to limit yourself to Pound land/Estate Agents"

G_M/ Bowlhead99 RIP
  • Mr.Generous
    Mr.Generous Posts: 3,379 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    you are right to avoid countrywide, they don't care, make loads of mistakes, hide behind small print in extremely long winded contracts and make complaining as difficult as possible. My business partner took them to the property ombudsman on a matter of principal (he doesn't like being repeatedly lied to) and won. The whole saga was laughable. Avoid.

PS Landlords - DO NOT sign up with Countrywide without reading in full the T&C's and understanding exactly what and how they can charge you. I don't believe anyone who actually did this who had a grain of business acumen would go ahead.
  • ACG
    ACG Posts: 23,729 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've helped Parliament
    Options
    99% of lenders have a "panel" of solicitors you can use. Typically that panel includes lots of firms up and down the country. Providing it is a not a back street one man bank then you should be fine with most firms of solcitiros to do the conveyancing.

It wont be perfect (unless you are usiing Santander/Abbey) but it should give you a good idea - https://www.santanderforintermediaries.co.uk/submit-and-track-business/find-an-approved-solicitor/
    I am a Mortgage Adviser
    You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a mortgage adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure