Ideas for cheap wedding abroad

Options
Hello everyone,
I've used moneysavingexpert for years, however never joined. I've had a look through the post on here about cheap wedding packages abroad, however all the posts are around 2008 and the prices are outdated.
I'm hoping to get married next year, however I would like a wedding abroad and without breaking the bank. Any places people have been to or sites used would be great help towards planning my wedding.
Thank you in advance!

Comments

• noodledoodle78
    Options
    I got married in Cuba.
    It is worth researching the hotels you are interested in. Trip advisor had some really good thread and lots of wedding information.

We booked the holiday directly with the travel agent but the wedding directly with the resort. We saved a lot by doing it this way.
    The day after we arrived we had a meeting with the wedding co-ordinator and picked our wedding flowers and extras.
    It was very laid back and a fantastic day.

Good luck and congratulations xx
    Sealed Pot Challenge No. 286
  • paddyrg
    paddyrg Posts: 13,543 Forumite
    Options
    It'll make a huge difference how many guests etc you want, and what kind of 'abroad' you want. For instance you could get married in say Nepal, but you won't get many guests coming and you can guarantee no beach holiday...
  • teamshepherd
    teamshepherd Posts: 187 Forumite
    Options
    Do you not have any idea which country you might want to do it at? Try to at least narrow it down to a climate you would like to be in (hot/cold/mild) for the wedding.
    Once you have decided on that start Googling away and further narrow it down based on other requirements such as prices, availability, guests etc.
  • gilly1964
    gilly1964 Posts: 1,107 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hello everyone,
    I've used moneysavingexpert for years, however never joined. I've had a look through the post on here about cheap wedding packages abroad, however all the posts are around 2008 and the prices are outdated.
    I'm hoping to get married next year, however I would like a wedding abroad and without breaking the bank. Any places people have been to or sites used would be great help towards planning my wedding.
    Thank you in advance!

First things to consider

Who else would you like there?
    Will you be paying for them to go?
    If not, can they afford to go?
    Do they all have passports?
    Are all guests fit enough to travel?

How far away do you want to travel?
    What time of year?
    Beach wedding, winter wedding surrounded by snow

When booking a group any flight extras required by some guests will have to be booked for all guests, for example extra legroom.
    Will everyone be prepared to pay for this?

Hope this helps
  • CherylBartlett
    Options
    You can also visit the websites like weddingwire and theknot to get the suggestions.
  • LKRDN_Morgan
    Options
    I got married last February in the Dominican Republic. We had guests but they paid for themselves (and were under no obligation to attend! They chose to combine it with a holiday so everyone's happy)
    I booked through Thompson weddings so I had a wedding planner that take care of most things.

Make sure you do your research on whichever package you chose. There are literally hundreds of extras that can really bump up the cost. Everything from the colour of the carpet you walk down (if you choose a beach location) to the table decoration.
  • arbrighton
    arbrighton Posts: 2,011 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Was wondering if a new poster was just building post count for spamming, yup, they are
  • Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 34,689 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Savvy Shopper!
    Options
    arbrighton wrote: »
    Was wondering if a new poster was just building post count for spamming, yup, they are
    The hilarious thing is that the company MaryYoung has advertised is a Sydney, Australia based company. :rotfl:

As this thread is titled:
    Ideas for cheap wedding abroad
    I doubt that travelling to the other side of the world is part of the OP's plan.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure