Treat box for wedding

Options
My daughter is marrying in 8 weeks. They are both students, and have managed to book a couple of nights away in a country house hotel for wedding night that's got jacuzzi bath etc...
I am wanting to put together a treats hamper for them to take with them (well, I'll leave it at the venue to be placed in their room).
So far I have got, bottle of champagne, glasses, 'wedding day' Yankee candle, bath bombs. Any other thoughts as to what could go in. (She is vegi and dairy free).
Thanks in advance :)

Comments

• DomRavioli
    DomRavioli Posts: 3,136 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Things that the couple like - I'm sure you know her well enough to come up with a few - maybe a favourite chocolate/sweets, dvd/music/books (if she's into that), whatever she enjoys and won't be able to afford due to wedding/student life.
  • hale24
    hale24 Posts: 6 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    There's a book along the lines of "Bucket list for couples", maybe a nice idea for them to plan adventures for their future together.

If the hotel they're staying at does spa treatment, maybe you could treat them to a treatment (e.g. couples massage), and put a "voucher" in the hamper to let them know about the treat. If it doesn't do spa treatments, maybe you could pay for a meal at the hotel or nearby restaurant
  • paddyrg
    paddyrg Posts: 13,543 Forumite
    Options
    No need to overdo it - she'll have had an overwhelming day anyway with lots of people and gifts
  • katiepoppycat
    katiepoppycat Posts: 1,669 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    when my friend married a couple of years ago we put a gift bag in the room. it contained . . .

sudoku book(so they didn't get bored)
    sweeties - in case they needed a pick me up
    scissors(her dress was a corset back and her mother had tied it VERY securely)
    sticky stuff remover( stick on bra)
    candle
    plus rose petals on the bed

so it was more silly than pampering, but they really liked it!
  • SharonAlba
    SharonAlba Posts: 13 Forumite
    Options
    I think you should gift them some scented soaps or aromatic bath oils, these are in trend these days.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure