I guess that it's the little things....

Options
that make the difference.

Having no kids of my own, I usually spoil my nephews and neice when it comes to Xmas and Birthdays, spending up to £50 on toys.

This year, for my 3 year old nephew, George, I got two toys that were reduced by £10 each (but that he asked for before I saw them).

Normally I would spend the extra to 'make up the money' but not this year.

I also used up the remainder of the Spiderman wrapping paper that I bought for his brother, Edward, in November rather than buying him some new paper.

It's not like the paper won't be going in to the bin, 2 minutes after I give him the gifts anyway!!

Steve

Comments

• Uniscots97
    Uniscots97 Posts: 6,685 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I don't think many kids bother what the wrapping paper looks like and many end up playing with the box (if its large enough to crawl inside) that an item came in rather than the item itself.
    CC2 = £8687.86 ([STRIKE]£10000[/STRIKE] )CC1 = £0 ([STRIKE]£9983[/STRIKE] ); Reusing shopping bags savings =£5.80 vs spent £1.05.Wine is like opera. You can enjoy it even if you don't understand it and too much can give you a headache the next day J
  • sammiboo
    sammiboo Posts: 1,110 Forumite
    Options
    I dont think there would have been any point in buying wrapping paper if you have some anyway :)

There was a sale at my local card shop and i was going to spend a fortune in there to set me up for the year with cards, paper etc but i forgot and the sale ended :( But they were really cheap!!!

Its suprising how much you spend on wrapping paper and cards
    March 2006 £15,200+ in debt April £843.64 in debt - Debt Free date Sept 2009
    Egg Credit Card - £843.64 5.7%
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport