Parents paying IPA in one go

Options
Hi everyone, after some advice on another forum, i contacted the OR and asked them if my parents could use some of their savings to pay off my IPA early.

I was pleasantly surprised to find out they can. Once i am discharged in December, if my parents pay my IPA (which has only been running 8 months), my obligations towards the official receiver will be finished.

Has anyone else done similar?

Thanks!

Comments

• tigerfeet2006
    tigerfeet2006 Posts: 14,030 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I can probably count on one hand the number that I've seen on this board but there has been a few. Fantastic if you can do that.
    BSCno.87
    The only stupid question is an unasked one
    Loving life as a Kernow Hippy
  • Jono987
    Jono987 Posts: 185 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I have asked them to confirm that all ties to OR will be finished and i can go about my life and apply for a higher paid position / 2nd job to bring some more money into the household. They said that this is fine. I wanted this confirming as i dont want my parents to pay it off for me and then i get stuck with increases for the next 2 years anyway.

I also have never heard of this happening, have things changed or do i have a really understanding OR?
  • philnicandevan
    Options
    Tigerfeet is correct..its rare but can happen sometimes...although since I declared back in 2006 i've only ever seen what you describe happen twice in all
    Not quite a newbie as you think ;);) (the member formally known as philnicandamy!)

FINALLY a qualified CAB debt caseworker 2015..:p
    BSC 58 :D
  • Jono987
    Jono987 Posts: 185 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Thanks. I have it on an email that i can look to further my income after im discharged and the IPA is settled.

Hopefully this will be ok and i dont find them coming for it all in a couple of years time :( lol
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure