PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 10 October 2016

Options

Comments

• thriftmonster
    Options
    I've been lurking for a few weeks but would like to rejoin again this week if that's ok. The house is fairly clean and tidy atm as we had lunch guests on Saturday :T but it needs constant work to keep on top of it as it is a) old (1821), b) large and c) being renovated slowly.

When I've done Flylady it's worked really well for us - so I'm in.

We also have a house guest at the minute, recovering from major surgery (he lives alone so was discharged here) so the last couple of weeks have been hijacked by a lot of trips to Salford Royal -no mean feat from here.:p
    “the princess jumped from the tower & she learned that she could fly all along. she never needed those wings.”
    Amanda Lovelace, The Princess Saves Herself in this One
  • Valli
    Valli Posts: 24,781 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    When I did my OU foundation we looked at this, a lot of the migration was from the country to the city. I know, around the end of the 19th century both my grandfathers families were in the East End. The families then moved North.
    Hoping to get some ironing done before I shoot off on an errand.
    As emmb used to say 'laters gators'
    Don't put it DOWN; put it AWAY
    "I would like more sisters, that the taking out of one, might not leave such stillness" Emily Dickinson
    :heart:Janice 1964-2016:heart:

Thank you Honey Bear
  • bossymoo
    bossymoo Posts: 6,924 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Morning,

Almost ready for school here. It's dark and damp outside - I've got hats and gloves at the ready!

Really need a few groceries today - kids both have a friend coming after school tomorrow and I won't get chance then, with being at college. So I have a list for a few dinners to get until we can do a "proper" shop. I seem to get a delivery each week but still need a top-up. Probably needs a rethink.

Then I shall be back and at the list. Including squeezing tat into the wheelie bin as collection is tomorrow...

See you soon!
    Bossymoo

Away with the fairies :beer:
  • dancemum
    dancemum Posts: 2,561 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Kitchen rearranged
    FF switched off and cleaned
    Conservatory emptied
    Garden rearranged and gate unlocked
    Waiting for new FF
  • greenbee
    greenbee Posts: 16,149 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I've done a load of washing while I was on a work call and it sounds like it will be ready to hang out when I've finished my next bit of work. I've also washed my sheepskin boots, so need to move the dehumidifier to the utility room to help them dry.

Sun is shining. Windows are filthy, but I'm going to get an hour outside shortly while it's nice. Might even attempt to run, although it's more likely to be 'interval training' ;)
  • x_raphael_xx
    Options
    Frizzlef wrote: »
    it will come back. Have you tried adding some intervals on faster running into your sessions or picking the pace up for the last 10 minutes of a run?
    I started running about 4 months ago after not running for a year due to pregnancy and seperated stomach muscles. Started of at 12 min miling and still sometimes do that when on an easy run. I'm racing at 9.30s now. Ran with my friend and 8 year old son yesterday so did 10.49s. Are you a member of a running club?
    At the moment I'm still stop/start. When I started running I found that as I built up the mileage I got faster naturally. Every now and then I'll do intervals between lampposts or something, but that's usually when I'm feeling good on a run. At the moment I'm just concentrating on finishing.
    I do go to a run club when I can (shift work bites) and I find it helps as they change up routes and techniques so there is more variety.

hex2 wrote: »
    I agree with you re mats Raphael but I bought an IKEA one that's more like a thick towel. Once I am free of the tyranny that is work I'll call in and get another one so I can swap them over.
    Our bathroom is quite small, we have to shut the door to get in the shower, so if we had a rug/mat, we wouldn't be able to open the door :p

Magical Monday - Barnacled Bathroom and Pc
    Level One...
    Clean floors in these rooms (even if it is around the clutter)
    Level Two...
    Clean baths, toilets and sinks
    Level Three...
    Wipe down tiles in bathroom.
    Delete 10 links in your favourites which you no longer use or are dead!
    Clean shower screen/curtain if you have one/if required
    Clean/wash the brushes/dust box/filters on the vacuum cleaner!!!! .. make sure they are completely dry before using it though.. I don’t want anyone electrocuted!!
    Change hand towels and flannels
    Extra mission:
    • Wipe the skirtings, door and window frames in these rooms
    • Grab a binbag and fill it with stuff to leave the house.. rubbish or charity shop or to donate to a friend!
    • Clean the radiators in these rooms
    • Clean windows
    • Wipe sticky and dirty marks off the walls and doors
    Tantalising Tuesday ~ Masterful Master Bedroom & Loopy Landing
    Level One...

[STRIKE]Check fire alarms are working[/STRIKE]
    Remove and wash bed linen.
    Level Two...
    Dust surfaces & make sure no cobwebs..
    Vacuum mattress before replacing with fresh linen.. do you need that winter duvet yet?
    [STRIKE]15 minutes floordrobe clearan[/STRIKE]ce
    Level Three...
    Vacuum floors in bedroom and on landing
    [STRIKE]Sort one area of clothes or linen storage making sure only what should be in there is, anything that's had it's day or doesn't belong there is removed
    Clear a hotspot., or spend 15 minutes clearing one.[/STRIKE]
    Extra tasks list:
    • 27 fling boogie time, time for that midweek fling, go on grab a bag and clear that clutter
    • [STRIKE]Put away those summer clothes from someones cupboard and get out the winter woollies.. don’t store anything that is past its best! Make a list of things you need to buy!![/STRIKE]
    • Clean windows in these rooms
    • [STRIKE]Check house for places where draughts are getting in.. doors, windows etc and see if there are ways to stop it![/STRIKE]
    • [STRIKE]Clean out that airing cupboard! get rid of those things you don't need.. use dead towels as cleaning cloths etc.. be ruthless! you REALLY don't need that 'thing' you've saved for 10 years.. 'just in case'[/STRIKE]
    Debt Free as of 17/01/2009 Turtle Power!!

EF Challenger #3 £138.36 / £5000
    MFW 2024 #100 £00.00 / £10,000

MFiT #40 Jan 2025 Target - £99,999.00
    Mortgage at 30/09/22 £113,694.11 | Mortgage at 24/01/23 £110,707.87
    Mortgage at 21/04/23 £107,701.01 | Mortgage at 20/07/23 £106,979.65
    Mortgage at 04/10/23 £106,253.77 | Mortgage at 10/01/24 £105,324.57
  • Mumto5
    Mumto5 Posts: 1,838 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options

Withhold pocket money/privileges etc till it's cleaned?

That used to work but now they are all adult and earning their own money they don't get pocket money! I refused to cook for them yesterday so the 2 boys got a d0min0s.

Congratulations on your run as well!
    lynnejk wrote: »

Today I did the dailies. Now taking a bit longer as the windows all need wiping due to the condensation every morning.

This is one of my daily chores too. I have invested in a Karch8r window vac and am very pleased with it.

I have walked Coco, she has a sore paw. I put some antiseptic cream on it but she licked it off. I might have to get the cone of shame out.

I'm waiting for a text message for a click and collect order. Annoyed it's not here yet!

I had words with DH last night but he didn't really listen to me. He interrupted and told me he has been offered a promotion. That shut me up! He is finding out what it entails today. He's been with the company a year and a bit so they obviously like him! I thought it was going to be another redundancy bombshell.

The WM is on it's 3rd load. DD1 has cleaned the kitchen (one of the housework tasks pinned to the fridge). I've taken all the summer clothes out of mine and DH's clothing stores. Winter wear is filling the gaps created. It was so cold this morning! Going to tackle todays list now.
  • mrs-moneypenny
    Options
    Busy morning not a lot achieved.
    Mils heating isnt working. Been round rang boiler company, been talked through topping up water pressure, bled all radiators, reset the boiler, recalibrate the sync between the thermostat and the boiler. Still not heating up, so someone is coming out on Friday, they will only check the boiler and fix that if it's faulty, if it's the thermostat I've got to get someone else out. So I've rung the fitter who put it in and serviced it and got him on standby just incase I need him afterwards.
    Have just checked my pension forecast on the gov website, I need to think about topping up Three years, but that's the best I can do. I do have about thirteen years to do it so don't think I have a huge problem in the grand scheme of things. I was panicking as being a part time worker I've not paid NI for years. Not as grim as I thought it might be.

This afternoon I plan to treat the garden fence panels, but first a cuppa and a quick swish and swipe around the kitchen and bathroom.

Hugs to all who need them.
    SPC~12 ot 124

In a world that has decided that it's going to lose its mind, be more kind my friend, try to Be More Kind
  • Frizzlef
    Frizzlef Posts: 334 Forumite
    Options
    Feeling a little emotional here today. Don't want to be in the house as it makes me think about going to work but equally I want to get the house sorted so need to crack on. Organised to go around a friends this afternoon as a incentive to get house sorted.

This morning I have been to an event at the school. Spoken to someone re kitchen and written a list of what needs doing when. And hung some washing out.
    Bathrooms need doing and our bedroom is horrendous!!!!

Here goes...

Magical Monday - Barnacled Bathroom
    Clean floors in these rooms
    Throw away all those empty bottles of shower gel, shampoo, conditioner, hairspray etc.
    Clean baths, toilets and sinks
    Clear clutter from floor
    Clean shower screen/curtain if you have one/if required
    Change hand towels and flannels
    Extra mission:
    Wipe the skirtings, door and window frames in these rooms
    Wash your bathroom mats

Check fire alarms are working
    Clear the clutter!!!!!!!
    Dust surfaces & make sure no cobwebs
    15 minutes floordrobe clearance
    Vacuum floors in bedroom and on landing
    Sort one area of clothes or linen storage making sure only what should be in there is, anything that's had it's day or doesn't belong there is removed
    Clear a hotspot., or spend 15 minutes clearing one.
    Extra tasks list:
    27 fling boogie time, time for that midweek fling, go on grab a bag and clear that clutter

Right frizzle- bathrooms!!!!!
    Grocery challenge- feb 2015- £133.07/£250
  • x_raphael_xx
    x_raphael_xx Posts: 4,319 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Chicken pie in the oven, bedroom and bathroom cleaned.
    I've noticed BF has written 'banana muffins' on the wallboard. We have a few bananas going soft, so I think it's a hint. I've probably got time to whip some up.

Magical Monday - Barnacled Bathroom and Pc

Level One...
    [STRIKE]Clean floors in these rooms (even if it is around the clutter)[/STRIKE]
    Level Two...
    [STRIKE]Clean baths, toilets and sinks[/STRIKE]
    Level Three...
    Wipe down tiles in bathroom.
    Delete 10 links in your favourites which you no longer use or are dead!
    [STRIKE]Clean shower screen/curtain if you have one/if required[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]Clean/wash the brushes/dust box/filters on the vacuum cleaner!!!! .. make sure they are completely dry before using it though.. I don’t want anyone electrocuted!![/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]Change hand towels and flannels[/STRIKE]
    Extra mission:
    • [STRIKE]Wipe the skirtings, door and window frames in these rooms[/STRIKE]
    • Grab a binbag and fill it with stuff to leave the house.. rubbish or charity shop or to donate to a friend!
    • [STRIKE]Clean the radiators in these rooms[/STRIKE]
    • Clean windows
    • [STRIKE]Wipe sticky and dirty marks off the walls and doors[/STRIKE]
    Level One...

[STRIKE]Remove and wash bed linen.[/STRIKE]
    Level Two...
    [STRIKE]Dust surfaces & make sure no cobwebs..[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]Vacuum mattress before replacing with fresh linen.. do you need that winter duvet yet?[/STRIKE]
    Level Three...
    [STRIKE]Vacuum floors in bedroom and on landing[/STRIKE]
    Extra tasks list:
    • 27 fling boogie time, time for that midweek fling, go on grab a bag and clear that clutter
    • Clean windows in these rooms
    Debt Free as of 17/01/2009 Turtle Power!!

EF Challenger #3 £138.36 / £5000
    MFW 2024 #100 £00.00 / £10,000

MFiT #40 Jan 2025 Target - £99,999.00
    Mortgage at 30/09/22 £113,694.11 | Mortgage at 24/01/23 £110,707.87
    Mortgage at 21/04/23 £107,701.01 | Mortgage at 20/07/23 £106,979.65
    Mortgage at 04/10/23 £106,253.77 | Mortgage at 10/01/24 £105,324.57
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income