DMP Mutual Support Thread - Part 12

Options

Comments

• Minnie82
    Options
    Hi everyone,

I've read through a lot of this thread and have been a lurker in the past but lost my log in.

So, we are 4 years into a 5.5 year DAS. Total was circa 35k to begin. We set it up with Wilson Andrews who then became Gregory Pennington. They've actually been a pleasure to deal with but I'm starting to resent the £90 per month arrangement fee.

We are in arrears (1 month) at the moment due to a company who were due my dh money going insolvent but we are planning to increase our monthly payments to make this up.

I'm looking for advice to see if anyone has moved from a company over to Step Change?

Thanks
    M x
  • selinek
    selinek Posts: 72 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Minnie82 wrote: »
    Hi everyone,

I've read through a lot of this thread and have been a lurker in the past but lost my log in.

So, we are 4 years into a 5.5 year DAS. Total was circa 35k to begin. We set it up with Wilson Andrews who then became Gregory Pennington. They've actually been a pleasure to deal with but I'm starting to resent the £90 per month arrangement fee.

We are in arrears (1 month) at the moment due to a company who were due my dh money going insolvent but we are planning to increase our monthly payments to make this up.

I'm looking for advice to see if anyone has moved from a company over to Step Change?

Thanks
    M x

I too was a lurker for a while but plucked up the courage posted and got great advice. Never pay for a DMP when you get the same service for free plus you pay more towards your debt. I don’t know for sure it shouldn’t be that difficult to switch. Some one will come along with the right info.
  • Minnie82
    Options
    selinek wrote: »
    I too was a lurker for a while but plucked up the courage posted and got great advice. Never pay for a DMP when you get the same service for free plus you pay more towards your debt. I don’t know for sure it shouldn’t be that difficult to switch. Some one will come along with the right info.

Thank you so much, I'm thinking the same thing, those payments could get us finished 2 months earlier than planned!

Still can't believe we're 4 years in.:eek:
  • sourcrates
    sourcrates Posts: 28,888 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Thank you so much, I'm thinking the same thing, those payments could get us finished 2 months earlier than planned!

Still can't believe we're 4 years in.:eek:

Cancel GP immediately, when you took out the plan, where you informed of free alternatives ? You should of been, that’s a case for mis-selling in itself.

It’s really easy to self manage a DMP or if you still don’t feel that confident, contact stepchange, they don’t charge for DMP’s at all, it’s totally free.

I suggest you switch today.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
  • Minnie82
    Options
    sourcrates wrote: »
    Cancel GP immediately, when you took out the plan, where you informed of free alternatives ? You should of been, that’s a case for mis-selling in itself.

It’s really easy to self manage a DMP or if you still don’t feel that confident, contact stepchange, they don’t charge for DMP’s at all, it’s totally free.

I suggest you switch today.
    Hi,

Thank you for commenting, I've emailed SC asking if they can help, I'm not too confident doing it myself but then I wonder if I did manage it on my own, could I offer full and final payments.

As an aside, we ebtered the DAS in December 2013 but Barclaycard didn't default hubby until 2015....is there anything we can do to get this to a fairer date?
  • sourcrates
    Options
    Send a written complaint quoting the lending code, which states defaults should be registered between 3-6 months after the end of contractural payments.

They know the rules, you just need to remind them, if they refuse, the ICO is your next step.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
  • selinek
    Options
    Hi,

Thank you for commenting, I've emailed SC asking if they can help, I'm not too confident doing it myself but then I wonder if I did manage it on my own, could I offer full and final payments.

As an aside, we ebtered the DAS in December 2013 but Barclaycard didn't default hubby until 2015....is there anything we can do to get this to a fairer date?

I was with stepchange for 8 years. Didn’t realise I could self manage until I read this thread. I have read all 100 plus pages. Took me a week but I was inspired by people’s stories and bravery in standing up to their creditors. I have learnt so much and driven to being self managed a couple weeks ago. I felt nervous at first but I know I’ve done the right thing for me. I had one my creditors contact me as they had been informed my SC that I cancelled. Confirmed I have and let them know I have written to them with a I&E. Made it clear they need to correspond in writing from now on. They accepted end of call. They are one the unenforceable debts but I’m buying me time to consider my next move. Whatever you decide you will get plenty of help here. Read the previous posts from the start you can only benefit. Welcome :)
  • Minnie82
    Options
    I was with stepchange for 8 years. Didn’t realise I could self manage until I read this thread. I have read all 100 plus pages. Took me a week but I was inspired by people’s stories and bravery in standing up to their creditors. I have learnt so much and driven to being self managed a couple weeks ago. I felt nervous at first but I know I’ve done the right thing for me. I had one my creditors contact me as they had been informed my SC that I cancelled. Confirmed I have and let them know I have written to them with a I&E. Made it clear they need to correspond in writing from now on. They accepted end of call. They are one the unenforceable debts but I’m buying me time to consider my next move. Whatever you decide you will get plenty of help here. Read the previous posts from the start you can only benefit. Welcome :)

Thanks so much folks, am going to do my homework. Starting with a call to GP in the morning to get some info on where we stand at the moment. Looking at credit file, a lot of the debts left are a couple of hundred pounds, we could get them settled asap and marked as such if its possible.

More research required I think.
  • selinek
    edited 3 December 2017 at 9:37AM
    Options
    This may seem like a strange question but is it possible to get a back dated default for a settled acct. OC was barclaycard then sold to link. I have realised this acct is showing AR Int closed section of my CR. This will sit on MY CR for 6 years. Paid it off April this year .

Your advice is always appreciated :)
  • sourcrates
    Options
    This may seem like a strange question but is it possible to get a back dated default for a settled acct. OC was barclaycard then sold to link. I have realised this acct is showing AR Int closed section of my CR. This will sit on MY CR for 6 years. Paid it off April this year .

Your advice is always appreciated :)

Anything is possible, write and complain, see what they say.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure