Retrospective FIT

Options
The quote below from someone who has just joined MSE is in the energy section. Can anyone offer advice?

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5564867
I was contacted this morning via a mobile phone from someone at the Energy Trust asking me about solar panels I had fitted two years ago. They asked if I was getting my feed in tariff money from my energy provider. I checked my documentation and admittedly I never applied for the feed in tariff, I never read the paperwork correctly. My energy bills decreased and I assumed that was how it worked, I didn't realise I was suppose to do an extra application as I didn't read the red print on the final documents that came in from Solar Panel UK. Call me an idiot but the whole scheme befuddled me. So this person on the mobile phone told me to call my energy provider and I did, I called British Gas and asked about it and they said back in January this year they stopped taking applications for the feed in tariff. So I'm confused, why did this person on the mobile call me to tell me to apply? I've tried ringing back this number listed on my caller ID and no one picks up. What is going on? Am I being scammed? Is it too late? The Ofgem website is confusing me and British Gas are obviously not going to help.

Can anyone help? I'm stupid to have lost this opportunity, add it to the list of financial mistakes I've made over the years, but I'm not this much of an idiot!

Comments

• System
    System Posts: 178,102 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    This was the policy as of March 2016:

All existing renewable energy installations with an MCS certificate issued before 15th January 2016 must submit their Feed-In Tariff application by 31st March 2016 or they will never be able to claim any Feed-In Tariff or Export payments.

I haven't seen anything to suggest that it has been updated. I hope for the OP's sake that it has.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure