Is there such thing as a legitimate competition magazine?

Options
2»

Comments

• vikki_louise
    vikki_louise Posts: 2,358 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Hi, does she have a relative with internet access? My nan was signed up to 'senior angels' which is part of the organisation Chemo Angels https://www.chemoangels.com
    My nan was assigned someone who would send weekly post to her even though she couldn't reply. It was free, one way and your never asked for anything. My Nan's 'angel' sent post for over 10 years until my nan passed away last month and she is carrying on writing to my grandpa.
    Also if she likes sending post then could someone print a few pages from https://www.postpals.co.uk so she could write to some kids
    Best wins in 2013 £200 and Mini iPad. 2014 no wins. 2015 2 nights 5* hotel with £300 vouchers plus £1150 Harrods gift card
    Rehome an unwanted prize or gift with a seriously ill child through Postpals.co.uk
  • chrissie57
    chrissie57 Posts: 4,857 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Sorry - what can either of the competition magazines offer to this lady that is worth roughly £70 a year of her money. If she buys Yours once a fortnight there are nice articles, puzzles, competitions and adverts for pen-pals (which is surely what would be really useful to her?)
    "If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together... there is something you must always remember. You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think. But the most important thing is, even if we're apart... I'll always be with you. "
    A.A. Milne

We are such stuff
    As dreams are made on; and our little life
    Is rounded with a sleep.

Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced (James Baldwin)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure