Littlewoods Debt Passed to Lowells

Options
Hello everyone,

I'm hoping you can help me. I got into debt with Littlewoods via catalog, I was happily paying my monthly fees consistently until they tried to take the money early near Christmas last year, the money wasn't there so I incurred a charge on my Littlewoods account and a bank charge. Being near Christmas there was no way I could afford it now, and it spiralled out of control since then. The debt went on to NDR whom I just ignored after a bit of research. The Debt then went to Lowells whom I happily communicated with.

I exchanged a couple of emails with them and they tried to get me to fill in an I&E form which I also ignored. However after doing some research I've realised I've made an error in acknowledging the debt in an email I sent to them ...

However I've requested my CCA as I understand I am entitled to it upon request. They sent me a letter back today basically saying they didn't have it but have requested it from my original lender.

My question is now, what should I do ? Just sit tight and wait to see if they produce one ?

Jordan.

Comments

• Lensman_2
    Lensman_2 Posts: 1,506 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi and welcome to MSE.

You should do your own I&E and work out how much you can afford if they come back compliant with your CCA request. If this account was started after April 2006 it is possible that they will.
  • happy_bunny_2
    Options
    Why do you think you made an error acknowledging by email?

How did you request your CCA?

When was the account opened?

HB
    :beer:
  • JB1992
    Options
    Why do you think you made an error acknowledging by email?

How did you request your CCA?

When was the account opened?

HB

I have heard acknowledging the debt is a big error if you are requesting your CCA which is essentially disputing the debt.

I sent my CCA request by post along with a £1 postal order. I used a template I found on here :)

The account was opened in 2012 I believe.
  • thewhiteavenger
    Options
    JB1992 wrote: »
    I have heard acknowledging the debt is a big error if you are requesting your CCA which is essentially disputing the debt.

I sent my CCA request by post along with a £1 postal order. I used a template I found on here :)

You've made the request properly. A s77-79CCA request isn't 'disputing the debt'. Everyone has that right under CCA to see a copy of their original agreement.

I agree with Lensman. You should do your own I&E and work out how much you can afford if they come back compliant with your CCA request.

If this repays the debt in a reasonable period (say, less than 60 months) all well and good.
  • happy_bunny_2
    Options
    It's a recent debt no where near being statute barred so acknowledging isn't an issue.

They will very likely have your agreement from an account so recent.

I would make Lowells an offer you can afford.

You don't need to fill out an I and E form, only a court can make you do that. It might be in your interest though if it shows you can only pay a low amount.

Lowells could take you to court if you don't pay or they think you can pay more.

How much was added in charges? You could complain to try and get some of those refunded if unreasonable. I know NDR slap on £12 for Kate payments, attempting to get in touch with you etc.
    :beer:
  • sourcrates
    sourcrates Posts: 28,883 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    JB1992 wrote: »

With an account that recent, the CCA route wont be any help to you, all they need to prove is that you have used the facility, they don't need a signed agreement to enforce this, a reconstituted agreement will suffice, You can make offers to Lowell on there website, they will usually accept what you offer, they can request your I & E, but you are not obliged to provide it, however, it may help your case if you do.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure