We could've made a fortune!!

Options
2»

Comments

• Beate
    Beate Posts: 3,522 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    He won't get the money. Something like that happened last year already, can't remember now what it was for, but it made the news. Lots of disgruntled people had quickly signed up for a new ebay name to spoof-bid on tickets or whatever it was as a protest on the ticket touts who sold the tickets for a lot of money on ebay. Back then it went up to millions of pounds. Wish I could remember what it was now.... Robbie Williams tickets?:confused:
    Reclaimed thanks to this site:
    £175 Abbey Mortgage Repayment Fee, £170.03 Capital One Bank Charges £418.07 Lloyds TSB Bank Charges, £2,671.55 Mis-sold Endowment Policy, all for OH
  • ScoobieGirl
    ScoobieGirl Posts: 488 Forumite
    Options
    I think it was Live 8 or another charity event which was why eveyone was so outraged
  • postingalwaysposting
    Options
    i knew this would happen even before the date of ticket release was announced... it was bound to... if they are genuine and the new buyers are 'allowed' to use the tickets then good luck to them, sadly i was in work so couldnt phone :rolleyes:
  • Sammz
    Sammz Posts: 3,406 Forumite
    Options
    I've got 6 spare ;)
    OD Girls On Tour
    Barcelona 2008 - Dublin 2009
  • krayzechick
    krayzechick Posts: 334 Forumite
    Options
    Beate wrote:
    He won't get the money. Something like that happened last year already, can't remember now what it was for, but it made the news. Lots of disgruntled people had quickly signed up for a new ebay name to spoof-bid on tickets or whatever it was as a protest on the ticket touts who sold the tickets for a lot of money on ebay. Back then it went up to millions of pounds. Wish I could remember what it was now.... Robbie Williams tickets?:confused:

Arctic Monkeys small 'fan base' tour was like that. Something like only 35% of tickets went to true fans, the rest ended up on ebay!! ....so they boycotted it!
  • moonlightpjs
    moonlightpjs Posts: 1,583 Forumite
    Options
    He's relisted them about 10 mins after auction finished!!!! They are now £150
  • sallyx
    sallyx Posts: 15,815 Forumite
    Options
    Sammz wrote:
    I've got 6 spare ;)
    Are you going to sell them sammz??? ebay or privately?? Yes I too didn't get any and would love some!!
    I'll make a wish, take a chance, make a change And breakaway. I'll take a risk, take a chance, make a change and breakaway ....
    Finally Debt Free...
  • Bakeybadoo
    Bakeybadoo Posts: 810 Forumite
    Options
    I bought 4 myself but our friends don't want to go so we have 2 spare. We will probably eBay them but not for some stupid price, as long as we get face value and maybe a smidge more, we'll be happy.

We bought through a ticket shop outlet so we don't have the block allocation yet but that should be through within a week. I assume they are decent seats as we paid £45 each, plus a booking fee so they'd better be.

Anyway, I don't get how so many people were saying they couldn't get any. My hubby tried from 9am - on the phone 45 mins to the NEC and 20 minutes to the O2 and the website for 20 minutes and it was down.

In the end, after all that time, he got our toddler dressed, drove 7 miles into town, parked and walked to the shop and when he got there, no queue but plenty of tickets still left?

Just goes to show, firstly, don't buy into the media frenzy about the tickets selling out in half hour and secondly, try your local agents who will have had x amount allocated to sell.
    :: BCSC #71 but now discharged! ::
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport