Financial aid with training costs etc...

Options
Hi there,

I have just recently completed a 6 day training course which will hopefully help me gain employment in the area in which I hope to work as a sports instructor. This training cost me the best part of £1000 which I had saved up over the past few years whilst working full time. I found out from one of the instructors that many people there had had the training paid for by the job centre (or something similar to that) and was wondering if anyone can tell me how you go about this ???

There are a couple of other training courses I would like to do in the same field and was wondering if there was any scheme that would help me in some way with course costs.

I have for the past few years been a student, but worked full time during the summer to save for such courses etc...

I have now graduated and am looking for full time work, I am at present working off of my freelance earnings, which is a pretty sporadic income

Comments

• Fran
    Fran Posts: 11,281 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    If you ask at the place that provides the training you want to do, they should be able to tell you what help people get.
    Torgwen.......... :) ...........
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport