Now bankrupt

Options
Well took the steps to go bankrupt and now it's offical just waiting for the deaded interview and hopefully things go in my fav.

Comments

• National_Debtline
    National_Debtline Posts: 7,998 Organisation Representative
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hello 07Rogers

You've had your bankruptcy application accepted by the adjudicator, I presume? All the best then with the interview - it's intended as a fact-find more than an interrogation.

Dennis
    @natdebtline
    We work as money advisers for National Debtline and have specific permission from MSE to post to try to help those in debt. Read more information on National Debtline in MSE's Debt Problems: What to do and where to get help guide. If you find you're struggling with debt and need further help try our online advice tool My Money Steps
  • 07Rogers
    Options
    Yep just waiting for the telephone call
  • haggis0073
    Options
    look at the interview as a tick box exercise, as long as your figures dont go over the figures they have in front of them, then all will be fine, nothing to worry about. They are polite and proffesional and not judgemental
  • Gaz1
    Gaz1 Posts: 33 Forumite
    Options
    haggis0073 wrote: »
    look at the interview as a tick box exercise, as long as your figures dont go over the figures they have in front of them, then all will be fine, nothing to worry about. They are polite and proffesional and not judgemental

Hi just been reading the above and when you say about figures matching up what about daily interest build up as halifax have just changed their interest to daily charges
  • haggis0073
    haggis0073 Posts: 160 Forumite
    Options
    what i meant by figures is your expenditure figures, as long as the figures you put down for things like shopping, travel etc dont go over the trigger figures then it wont be questioned by the OR

As long as you have listed all creditors with an approx amount of what you owe then thats fine, it does not matter if they add on interest in the meantime
  • Gaz1
    Options
    Now I've gone bankrupt would it pay me to e-mail my creditors and attach the bankruptcy letter or shall I just let it take its course, the only reason I'm asking is I am lodging with my ex-partners mom temporary and don't want bailiffs coming to her door.
  • haggis0073
    haggis0073 Posts: 160 Forumite
    Options
    its the OR's job to do that, but in my case i decided to ring them all up and give them my bankruptcy number, some wanted it emailed so i did that.
  • Gaz1
    Options
    that's what I mean now I've got that number I can
  • shreya
    shreya Posts: 8 Forumite
    Options
    I hope it goes your way
  • National_Debtline
    National_Debtline Posts: 7,998 Organisation Representative
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi Gaz

Gaz1 wrote: »
    Now I've gone bankrupt would it pay me to e-mail my creditors and attach the bankruptcy letter or shall I just let it take its course, the only reason I'm asking is I am lodging with my ex-partners mom temporary and don't want bailiffs coming to her door.

If you've already gone bankrupt and your creditors have been listed then the odds are that they've already been notified by the Official Receiver. Unless any of these debts are already the subject of existing court proceedings, the likelihood of bailiffs in this small time window is virtually nil - and in any case any action they try to take now would be void.

Dennis
    @natdebtline
    We work as money advisers for National Debtline and have specific permission from MSE to post to try to help those in debt. Read more information on National Debtline in MSE's Debt Problems: What to do and where to get help guide. If you find you're struggling with debt and need further help try our online advice tool My Money Steps
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure