MoneySaving Poll: Where's the best place to haggle on the high street?

Options
Poll started 10 May 2016

Where's the best place to haggle on the high street?

Haggling is alive and well in the UK, not just at call centres and market stalls, but even at high street chains. Whether it's asking 'em to throw in some extras or negotiating a discount, some succeed – so we want to know how you got on.

Please answer for all the stores you have tried to haggle in WITHIN THE LAST 12 MONTHS.

Did you vote? Are you surprised at the results so far? Have your say below. To see the results from last time, click here.

If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply. If you aren’t sure how it all works, read our New to Forum? Intro Guide.

Thanks! :)

[purplesignup][/purplesignup]

Comments

• jnm21
    jnm21 Posts: 853 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Genuine question - for those who have succeeded in getting a discount in Tesco/Asda - how did you do it? Simply ask one of the 16 year old assistants can I have a discount? Also were you buying in bulk? I can just see them laughing at me!
    Certain OTT members have caused me to add this disclaimer: all advice given is free of charge & as such should be taken to be IIRC (as I don't spend hours researching all answers :eek: )!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure